Maintenance of safe working environment for female employees at Workplace: KVS order dated 20.06.2022
SPEED POST / FAX /CONFIDENTIAL
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
18, Institutional Area, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg
New Delhi -110016
एफ. 11-55/2000- केविस (सतर्कता)/पार्ट-2/3287-3321
उपायुक्त / निदेशक
केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन
सभी क्षेत्रीय कार्यालय / जीट
विषय : Maintenance of safe working environment for female employees at Workplace – Regarding.
Please find enclosed a copy of the letter No.17-13/2022-UT.1 dated 15th March, 2022 received from Dy. Secretary to the Govt. of India, Ministry of Education, Department of School Education and Literacy, containing instructions to ensure maintenance of safe working environment for female employees at Workplace.
2. All Deputy Commissioners of KVS, Regional Offices and ZIETs are requested to display names and contact details of the members of the Complaints Committee in their offices. Also, the KVs be asked to display these details in the staff rooms. Further maintain safe working environment for female employees, all the employees be sensitized to these issues.
(एन. आर. मुरली)
एवं मुख्य सतर्कता अधिकारी
- The Under Secretary to the Govt. of India, Ministry of Education, Department of School Education and Literacy, B-Wing, Ground Floor, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi w.r.t. his letter No. F.No.17-13/2022-UT.1 dated 07th April, 2022.
- Dy. Commissioner (Trg./EDP), KVS (HQ) with a request to upload the same at KVS (HQ) e-portal.
- PS to Commissioner, KVS(HQ)
- PA to Joint Commissioner (Trg.)
- Guard file
Government of India
Ministry of Education
Department of School Education and Literacy
B-Wing, Ground Floor, Shastri Bhawan,
New Delhi, dated the 15 March, 2022.
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre, PreetVihar, Delhi-110092.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
18, Institutional Area,
S.J.S. Marg, New Delhi- 110016.
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti,
B-15, Institutional Area, Sector-62, Noida, G.B.Nagar, U.P.-201309
National Council of Educational Research and Training,
Sri Aurobindo Marg,
National Institute of Open Schooling
A-24/25, Institutional Area,
Sector- 62, NOIDA
Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar,
Uttar Pradesh – 201309
|The Joint Director, Central Tibetan Schools Administrations,
ESS ESS Plaza, Sector-3, Rohini, Delhi-110085
Subject: Maintenance of safe working environment for female employees at Workplace.- reg.
I am directed to refer to the above mentioned subject and to say that the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 gives legal right to female employees, both regular and contractual, to voice against any type of sexual harassment at the workplace.
2. Any type of harassment including sexual harassment of women results in violation of her fundamental rights to equality under Articles 14 and 15 of the Constitution and her right to life and to live with dignity under article 21 of the Constitution and right to practice and profession or to carry on any occupation which includes a right to safe environment free from sexual harassment. All employers are expected to honour the Act and maintain a safe working environment so for female employees, while discharging their duties. As required under the provision of the Act, an Internal Complaints Committee has been constituted by the Ministry of Education to examine complaints in this regard.
3. In view of the above, it is requested to take the following action in order to sensitize the issue related to maintenance of safe working environment for female employees as per “Sexual Harassment of ‘Women at Workplace (Prevention, prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 :-
(i) To constitute an internal Complaints Committee (ICC) and a Special cell in the Offices/ Institutes ‘under your administrative control to deal with the issue of gender based Violence,and to conduct gender sensitization programme.
(ii) To display banners/ posters at conspicuous places in the buildings to create awareness amongst employees about what is sexual harassment and how to prevent it.
(iii) To display names and contact details of the members of the Complaints Committee at Notice Boards in the Institutions.
(iv) To upload the (a) “Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace, (Prevention, prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013”; (b) Constitution of the Complaint Committee; and (c) details of the Members of the Complaints’ Committee such as name, phone number, address etc., on their respective portal at a prominent place.
(v) To conduct training programmes to sensitize the employees of the Institutions.
4. Action taken in the matter may kindly be intimated to this Ministry.
(Sreekala P. Venugopal)
Deputy Secretary to Govt. of India