Observance of vigilance Awareness Week
CGDA to observe Vigilance Awareness Week- 2015 from 26th to 31st October 2015.
Controller General of Defence Accounts issued a letter to the PCsDA / CsDA regarding Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week- 2015.
Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Bator Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt 110010
PCA (Fys)/CFAs (Fys)
Pr. IFA/IFA (Through Website)
Subject:- Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week- 2015.
Copy of Central Vigilance Commission Circular No. 11/08/2015 bearing No 015/VGL/065-293536 dated 31.08.2015 along with pledge received under the same for observance of Vigilance Awareness Week-2015 is forwarded herewith for information and necessary action as per the guidelines contained therein.
2. The Commission has decided that this year the Vigilance Awareness Week would be observed from 26th to 31st October. This year the theme of Vigilance Awareness Week is “Preventive Vigilance as a tool of Good Governance” .The same will be commenced with pledge on 188.8.131.52 at 11 a.m.
3. The receipt of the circular may please be acknowledged and compliance report citing activities performed during the Vigilance Awareness Week may please be sent to this Hqrs. office by 15-11-2015 positively.
(V K Vijay)
Central Vigilance Commission
Satarkta Bhawan, G.P.O. Complex,
Block A, INA, New Delhi 110023
Telegraphic Address : “SATARKTA: New Delhi
E-Mail Address [email protected]
Circular No. 11108/15
Subject: Observance of Vigilance Awareness Week-2015
Central Vigilance Commission being the apex vigilance institution of the country, has been striving to promote probity and integrity in governance. One of the primary objectives of Central Vigilance Commission is to create public awareness against corruption and observance of vigilance awareness week every year is one such measure for achieving this objective. The Commission has decided that this year the Vigilance Awareness Week would be observed from 26th to 31st October. This year the theme of Vigilance Awareness Week is “Preventive Vigilance as a tool of Good Governance”.
2. The Commission has been laying stress on the efficacy of preventive vigilance in curbing corruption. The Vigilance Manual of the Commission states unequivocally that the role of Vigilance Officers is predominantly preventive. Preventive vigilance could broadly be described as a package of measures to improve systems and procedures in a way so as to reduce scope for discretion and eliminate corruption.
3. Good governance is about the processes for making good decisions and their effective implementation. The main characteristics of good governance are transparency, accountability, following rule of law, being inclusive, effective and efficient. Good governance and preventive vigilance share several characteristics and therefore, preventive vigilance needs to be implemented as a tool of good governance. Application of preventive vigilance as a tool of good governance would not only result in removing the negative connotation attached with vigilance work but would also contribute positively towards the overall functioning of the organization.
4. Ministries/Departments/PSUs/Banks/Organizations are advised to consider the following activities during the Vigilance Awareness Week:-
i) To display banners, posters etc. at prime locations in their offices.
ii) To display banners, posters etc. at places with public interface such as Branches of the banks, Petrol pumps, Railway Stations, Airports.
iii) To carry out media campaign at an appropriate scale on anti-corruption.
iv) To organize debates/lectures/essay writing competitions on moral values, ethics, good governance practices etc. amongst the employees and colleges/schools in local areas and to distribute prizes.
v) To bring out special issue of journals during the period and
vi) To request the Non-Government Organizations, institutions and service associations in the local area to participate in the vigilance awareness campaign.
5. This year the Commission has desired that debates be organized on a large scale involving youth and college students. The debate competitions should be organized in all the major cities of the country and CVOs may coordinate among themselves for taking responsibility for a particular city. This would ensure that vigilance becomes a point of discussion by reaching out to the youth in metros and 30-40 tier 2 cities all over India.
6. Since the theme of Vigilance Awareness Week this year is ‘Preventive Vigilance as a tool of Good Governance’, this opportunity should be utilized to implement preventive vigilance in a big way.
7. In order to reach out to common public and convey the message that corruption does not pay and also to highlight the positive role being played by the Vigilance Wings of various organizations through Preventive Vigilance, the Commission is working on getting made six short episodes which would be telecast during the Vigilance Awareness Week from 26111 to 3151 October, 2015. The Commission desires that CVOs may also explore the possibility of carrying out sustained media campaigns.
8. Public Sector Enterprises, Societies and Local Authorities are also advised that message (pledge) may be read to Board of Directors by respective chairman in the Board/Governing Body meeting held prior to the Vigilance Awareness Week.
9. A report on observance of the Week may be sent to the Central Vigilance Commission by 30111 November, 2015 by all Departments/Organizations.
10. This notification is also available on the Commission’s website at http::/www.cvc.nic.in.
WE, THE PUBLIC SERVANTS OF INDIA, DO HEREBY SOLEMNLY PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL CONTINUOUSLY STRIVE TO BRING ABOUT INTEGRITY AND TRANSPARENCY IN ALL SPHERES OF OUR ACTIVITIES. WE ALSO PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL WORK UNSTINTINGLY FOR ERADICATION OF CORRUPTION IN ALL SPHERES OF LIFE. WE SHALL REMAIN VIGILANT AND WORK TOWARDS THE GROWTH AND REPUTATION OF OUR ORGANISATION. THROUGH OUR COLLECTIVE EFFORTS. WE SHALL BRING· PRIDE TO OUR ORGANISATIONS AND PROVIDE VALUE BASED SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRYMEN. WE SHALL DO OUR DUTY CONSCIENTIOUSLY AND ACT WITHOUT FEAR OR
Download CGDA letter No. AN/XIII/13006/2A/VW/2015 Dated 21.09.2015