National Sugar Institute, Canteen Attendant, Group ‘C’ posts Recruitment Rules, 2020 – Gazette Notification – Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and level in pay matrix
MINISTRY OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS, FOOD AND PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION (Department of Food and Public Distribution)
New Delhi, the 12th June, 2020
G.S.R. 99.—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Canteen Attendant, in the National Sugar Institute, Kanpur in the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Department of Food and Public Distribution, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement.— (1) These rules may be called the National Sugar Institute, Canteen Attendant, Group ‘C’ posts Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Initial Constitution.—
(1) The personnel holding the post of Canteen Attendant immediately before the commencement of these rules on regular basis shall be deemed to have been appointed in accordance with the provision of these rules.
(2) The regular continuous service of personnel referred above in the respective grades immediately before the commencement of these rules shall count for the purpose of period of probation, seniority, qualifying service of promotion, confirmation and pension in the service.
3. Number of posts, classification and level in pay matrix.— The number of post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto, shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
4. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.— The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
5. Disqualification.—No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
6. Power to relax.— Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
7. Savings.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, ex-servicemen and other categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of the post||Name of the post||Classification||Level in pay matrix|
|Canteen Attendant||* 04 (2020)
* Subject to variation
dependent on workload
|General Central Service,
Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted,
|Level 1 (Rs.18000 – 56,900)|
|Whether selection or non selection post||Age-limit for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits|
|Not Applicable||Between 18 and 25 years of age
Note: The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates in India (and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Union Territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands or Union Territory of Lakshadweep. Note-2: In case of recruitment made through the Employment Exchange, the crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be the last date upto which Employment Exchange is asked to submit the names.
(i) Matriculation or equivalent pass
Note 1:– Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Central Government in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.Note 2:– The qualifications regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, if at any stage
of selection, the competent authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
|Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if
|Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the posts to be filled by various methods|
|Not Applicable||Two years||Direct recruitment|
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation/absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation/ absorption is to be made||If a Departmental Promotion committee exists, what is its composition|
|Not applicable||Group ‘C’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering confirmation).
1. Chairman, Deptt. Canteen, National Sugar Institute, Kanpur – Chairman
2. Junior Technical Officer, National Sugar Institute, Kanpur -Member
3. Senior Administrative Officer or Head of Office, National Sugar
Institute, Kanpur, -Member
|Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted|
MARGARET GANGTE, Director
Explanatory Memorandum: It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving this retrospective effect to these rules.
Also check the following links related to this topic: