Extension of timelines for recording of APAR in respect of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers for the year 2020-21
Extension of timelines for recording of APAR in respect of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of Central Civil Services for the year 2020-21: DOPT OM dated 17.06.2021
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated 17th June, 2021
Subject: Extension of timelines for recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) in respect of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of Central Civil Services for the year 2020-21.
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to this Department’s OM of even number dated 14.04.2021 on the above subject, extending the timelines for distribution / online generation, recording and completion of APAR for the year 2020- 21 for Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of Central Civil Services , as a one-time measure, owing to the situation arising out of the lock down due to spread of corona virus.
2. In view of the prevailing situation, it has been decided to further extend the timelines for distribution/online generation, recording and completion of APAR for the year 2020-21 for Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of Central Civil Services, as a one time measure, as specified in Annexure.
3. The extended timelines for the APAR year 2020-21 shall a1so apply to the reporting / reviewing / accepting authorities, who have demitted office or retired from service on or after 28.02.2021 and they shall be allowed to record their remarks till the respective extended cut-off dates.
4. Further, the decision conveyed vide OM of even number dated 14.06.2021 delinking recording and completion of APAR for the year 2020-21 from the conduct of Annual Medical Examination and thereafter submission of summary of medical report by 31.12.2021, shall stand.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt of India
All Ministries/Departments/Cadre Controlling Authorities of the Government of India Copy to:
1. AIS Division, DoPT, North Block, New Delhi
2. NIC, for uploading in DoPT website
Time schedule for recording and completion of APAR for the year 2020-21 for Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of Central Civil Services
|SN||Activity||Date by which activity to be completed|
|1.||Distribution of blank forms/ on line generation of APAR||31st July, 2021|
|2.||Submission of self-appraisal to the reporting officer||31st August, 2021|
|3.||Forwarding of report by reporting officer to reviewing officer||30th September, 2021|
|4.||Forwarding of report by Reviewing Officer to APAR Cell/ Accepting authority (wherever provided)||15th November, 2021|
|5.||Appraisal by Accepting Authority , wherever provided||15th December, 2021|
|6.||(i) Disclosure of APAR to the officer reported upon where there is no accepting authority||30th November, 2021|
|(ii) Disclosure of APAR to the officer reported upon where there is accepting authority.||31st December, 2021|
|7.||Receipt of representation, if any, on APAR||15 days from the date of disclosure|
|Forwarding of representations to the competent authority|
|(i) Where there is no accepting authority for APAR.||31st December, 2021|
|(ii) Where there is accepting authority for APAR||15th January, 2022|
|9.||Disposal of representation by the competent authority||Within one month of the date of receipt of representation by the competent authority|
|10.||Communication of the decision of the competent authority on the representation by the APAR Cell||Within 15 days of finalization of decision by competent authority|
|11.||End of entire APAR process, after which the APAR will be finally taken on record.||31st March, 2022|
Also check the following links related to this topic: