Implementation of facility of resetting of password through One Time Password (OTP) in RD Agent Portal and mandatory requirement of mobile number of MPKBY Agents & PRSG Leaders: Department of Posts Order dated 03.11.2023
SB Order No. 21/2023
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi — 110001
All Head of Circles / Regions
Implementation of facility of resetting of password through One Time Password (OTP) in RD Agent Portal and mandatory requirement of mobile number of MPKBY Agents & PRSG Leaders — Regarding.
Madam / Sir,
At present if any agent using the Agent Portal forgets password or enters incorrect password for 5 times or if any agent does not login in the Agent Portal for more than 90 days, ID gets locked and new password request is then submitted by the agent at linked post office. This request is then sent to CEPT – CBS EOD team through Circle CPC. Post resetting of password, EOD team sends the password to concerned CPC for onward transmission to Agents. This results in delay in receipt of password.
2. In order to avoid the delay in the above said process and to enable agents to reset their password without depending on the post office, functionality for resetting of password through OTP has been deployed in Finacle on 03.11.2023. Accordingly, all the MPKBY agents and PRSG (Pay Roll Savings Group) Leaders utilizing the DOP Agent Portal for crediting the RD deposits can reset their login password using ‘Forgot Password Option’ enabled in DOP Agent Portal on their own without depending on the post offices where the agents are linked / authorized to deposit.
3. Agents can utilise the above facility only when the mobile number is available in Agent’s Profile. Hence, capturing of mobile number has been made mandatory while creating new agents. Further, in respect of existing agents, mobile number linked with the Commission Credit Account has been updated in the Agents’ profile as a one-time measure.
4. As per the process deployed, OTP will be sent to registered mobile number which is available in Agents’ profile. If any agent wants to change the mobile number, she / he can approach the post office concerned and get the same updated in the Agent’s Profile detail (through HDSAMM menu). If OTP is not received within 180 seconds, Regenerate OTP button will get automatically enabled after the lapse of time.
5. In case of new agents whose Agent ID has been created in EB Admin Portal and password set for the first time, default password will be sent to the Agents through SMS. This password needs to be used for setting new password.
6. It is requested to communicate the deployment of above functionality to all the concerned and the existing process of resetting of Agents’ login password through post offices / CPC / CEPT may be discouraged.
7. This is issued with the approval of competent authority.
(Devender ar Sharma)
Asst. Director (SB-II)
- Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
- PS to Director General Postal Services.
- PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/Member (O)/Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/Member (PLI)/Member (Tech)/AS & FA
- Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
- Sr. Deputy Director General (Vig) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
- Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs.
- Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
- Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
- All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
- The Under Secretary, MOF (DEA), NS-II Section, North Block, New Delhi.
- The Joint Director & HOD, National Savings Institute, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002.
- All recognized Federations / Unions / Associations
- Deputy Director (OL) for information and translation of the order in Hindi language.
- Guard File
(Devender Kumar Sharma)
Asst. Director (SB-II)
Source: Department of Posts