Fixed Medical Allowance increased for Defence Pensioners
Fixed Medical Allowance increased for Defence Pensioners from Rs. 300 to Rs. 500 per month on the basis of Department of Pension and Pensioners’ welfare Office Memorandum
Fixed amount of Medical allowance of Rs.300/- ( As per Para -2 of Circular No.78 dated 08-07-2010) is payable to pensioners / Family pensioners w.e.f. 1.09.2008. FMA is paid to a defence pensioner on the basis of option given by the pensioner when he / she is residing in CGHS covered cities to the effect that CGHS facility is not availed by the pensioner. If the pensioner is not residing in the area covered by CGHS scheme, Fixed Medical Allowance is paid to defence pensioners after getting an undertaking to this effect.
Now on the basis of Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare OM No. 4/25/2008-P & PW(D) dated 19.11.2014 PCDA Pension has also ordered that Fixed medical Allowance has been increased from Rs. 300 per month to Rs. 500 per month
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 130 No.G1/C/0197Nol- II/Tech
Olo the Pr. C.D.A. (Pensions)
Draupadighat Allahabad -211014
Dated: – 07.01.2015
1. The Chief Accounts, RBI, Deptt. of Govt. Bank Account Central Office, C-7
2nd floor Bandra Kurla Complex,Bandra East, Mumbai-400051
2. All CMDs of Public Sector Banks.
3. All CMDs of Authorised Private Banks
4. Director of Treasury & Accounts
5. The Defence Pension Disbursing Officer (DPDO)
6. Pay & Accounts Office
7. Military & Air Attache, Indian Embassy(Kathmandu) Nepal
8. Director of Accounts, Panji, Goa.
9. Financial Secretary, Gangtok, POI,Thimpu
10. The Post Master-Kathua (J&K) and Campbell Bay (Andaman& Nicobar)
Subject: Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Central Government Pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS.
Attention is invited to this office circulars no. 78 dated 08.07.2010, under which a copy of Govt. of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, OM No. 4/25/2008-P& PW(D), dated 26.05.2010 regarding grant of Fixed Medical Allowance @ Rs. 300/- PM to Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners residing in area not covered under CGHS was circulated to all Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs).
2. As per Govt. of India, Min. of PPG & P, Deptt. of P & PW OM No.
4/25/2008-P& PW (D), dated 19.11.2014,Govt. has decided to enhance the amount of Fixed Medical Allowance from Rs.300/-to Rs. 500/- per month. The other conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance shall continue to be in force. These orders will take effect from 19.11.2014.
3. A copy of Govt. of India, Min. of PPG & P, Deptt. of P & PW OM No.
4/25/2008-P & PW (D), dated 19.11.2014 is enclosed for immediate implementation and the payment of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to be regulated accordingly w.e.f 19.11.2014. Other conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance circulated in previous circulars will remain unchanged.
4. It is requested that suitable instructions along with a copy of this Circular may please be issued to all sub offices under your administrative control for implementation of the above Government order.
Dated: 07 /01/2015