Change of status of “Home District/Town” of employee and its implication with regard to transfer opportunities – Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SAMITI
(An Autonomous Organization under Ministry of HRD)
Department of School Education and Literacy),
Government of India
B-15, Institutional Area, Sector-62,
Noida, District GautamBudh Nagar,
Uttar Pradesh — 201 309
March 04, 2022
The Deputy Commissioner,
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti,
All Regional Offices.
Subject: Change of status of “Home District/Town” of employee and its implication with regard to transfer opportunities — reg.
This office is receiving queries from employees / principals / ROs regarding declaration or change in Home district/Home Town. In this regard approval of the competent authority is conveyed as under:
- The home district (having home town) declared by the employee at the time of joining his/her duties (on initial recruitment) in respect of home town declaration, shall remain valid home town for the employee concerned.
- As per GOI guidelines, employee may request for change of his/her home district (having home town) only once in his entire service period. Request submitted by any employee pertaining to change in home district (having home town) shall be taken up at the level of NVS Hqrs only. The change in home town shall be governed as per guidelines, based on the merit of request, valid reason and documentary proof behind such claim.
- If there is any change in status of home district (having home town) of an employee due to administrative / geographical re-demarcation of boundaries, carving out of new districts and/or change in the name of the existing district, it shall be mandatory on part of the employee/Principal to submit information regarding such change of home district (having home town) to the Deputy Commissioner of the concerned Regional Office through proper channel, along with valid reason and documentary proof of such notified re-demarcation/carving out of new district /renaming of existing district. Such claim shall be disposed off at the level of the concerned Regional Office only. Such change shall depend on number of times as and when such geographical re-demarcation/nomenclature takes place and shall not/ deprive an employee of his opportunity for extending request as explained in point of no. 02 and 04.
- Change in home district (having home town) may be claimed, by the concerned employee after his/her marriage. NVS Hqrs shall entertain such request (of the employee), if received through proper channel along with valid reason and documentary proof. Change approved by the Headquarters, must be recorded by the Principal / In-charge of the office in service book of the employee concerned and the employee shall be informed in writing regarding such recorded change, accordingly.
- Change in status of home district (having home town) so approved and recorded in the service record/book of employee due to reasons explained in point 03 & 04 above, shall, thenceforth, be valid for all purposes (including LTC and transfer/posting). This further implies that only changed Home district (the new one) shall be debarred for the purpose of transfer /posting of the employee concerned.
- Change in status of home district (having home town) due to reasons other than that explained in point 03 & 04 shall not be taken into consideration for the purpose of transfer/posting and hence the self declared home district as per the service record, shall remain debarred for the purpose of transfer/posting of the employee concerned.
- Change so brought into status of Home District (having home town) due to any of the aforementioned cases, shall be recorded in the service record/book of the employee concerned only after the approval of the Competent Authority as mentioned above.
- These instructions come into effect from the date of release of the letter superseding previous instructions, if any, in this regard.
- The cases already disposed off prior to this date may be reviewed by the Principal and recorded in the service record/book in the light of the aforementioned provisions and informing the employee that only one station shall remain debarred for the purpose of transfer /posting as referred in point 05 and 06 above.
- Any claim for change of home district (having home town), if pending as on date, shall be disposed off in compliance of the aforementioned instructions.
You are, therefore, requested to inform all employees of your region at the earliest and do the needful in this regard.
This issues with approval of the competent authority.
Deputy Commissioner [Pers.]
- The PA to Commissioner, NVS for information please.
- The PA to Joint Commissioner (Pers.), NVS for information please.
- The AC (IT), NVS HQ for uploading the same on NVS Website, please.
- The Consultant (Estt.III), NVS for information and the needful in this regard, please.