A meeting of National office bearers of the AICEIA was held at New Delhi on 29.04.2013. All issues concerning the cadre were discussed in detail, especially the developments after the Patna Convention. The stand that was to be taken by the AICEIA in the meetings with the DGHRD and other Board officials scheduled to be held later the same day and on 30.04.2013 was also deliberated upon and decided.
All AICEIA representatives present in Delhi for the meeting of office bearers also participated in the meeting with the DGHRD. Additional DG (HRM) and Additional Director were also present. Points that emerged during the meeting are narrated below briefly :
1. The Cadre Restructuring file has been sent to Secretary(Expenditure) by the Revenue Secretary, from whom it should go to the DoP&T.
2. The CBEC proposal is expected to follow the course taken by the CBDT proposal, which is reported to have been approved by the Group of Ministers on 29.04.13, and now awaits clearance from the Union Cabinet.
3. However, even by optimistic estimates, we are still several months away from seeing even the first promotions arising out of the CR exercise. The proposed figures include raising the strength of Gr B Gazetted Executive from the present 13948 to 19108 , and for Gr B non- Gazetted Executives- from 20,163 to 25,203.
4. On our repeated and insistent demand that regional disparities in prom otions among Inspectors of Central Excise of different Cadre Control Zones have to be addressed immediately, the CBEC has agreed in principle to take decisive action to do away with regional disparities.
5. On the methods to be adopted to achieve that end, our Association’s stand is that an exercise of upgradation on the lines of the one undertaken in 1996 be repeated, to promote all Inspectors who have completed 8 years of service, or at least promote all Inspectors to the level of the junior -most Inspector promoted as Superintendent in any Zone, as on date. The organisational desideratum, however, remains base cadre parity.
6. The DGHRD had a discussion with the Member(P&V) on the issue on 30.4.13. After this the AICEIA office bearers met the DGHRD again. It is informed that the subject file will be put up to the Member by next week. `
7.The Board now appreciates the fact that an All India Seniority List of Inspectors of Central Excise is a fait accompli for the period following the Supreme Court judgment dated 09.12.1996 in the case of Radhey Shyam Singh & Others vs. Union of India & Others.
8. Action has now been initiated by DGHRD to draw such an All India Seniority List of Inspectors. This is already badly delayed since way back in 1996 itself the Board had taken a decision to introduce All India Seniority for Inspectors, but never showed enough resolve to implement it.
9. The AICEIA shall be keenly pursuing these matters and we should resolve not to rest till we achieve these objectives.
Source : AICEIA
You might also like