Relaxation for retention of railway accommodation due to Covid-19
Relaxation for retention of railway accommodation in view of Novel Corona virus (COVID-19) – Railway Board Order No. E(G)/2020/ RN-2/COVID-19 dated 28.11.2020
RBE No. 103/2020
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. E(G)/2020/ RN-2/COVID-19
New Delhi, dated 28. 11. 2020
The General Manager/Director General
All Indian Railways/Production Units/CORE/ROSO/NAIR
(As per Standard mailing list)
Sub: Relaxation for retention of railway accommodation in view of Novel Corona virus (COVID-19).
Ref: Board’s letter No.E(G)/ 2020/ RN-2/COVID-19 dated 20.10.2020
Vide Board’s letter No. E(G)/2020/RN-2/COVID-19 dated 20.10.2020 instructions were issued to allow officers/staff to retain accommodation who were/are due to vacate their flats during the period from 1J1h March, 2020 and 30th November, 2020. Several Railways have sought clarification on whether the relaxation was in addition to the normal retention allowed and whether the period from 1J1h March to 30th November, 2020 should be treated as dies non. Representations have also been received from some officers expressing difficulties to vacate the quarter and shift house hold effects in view of the current situation.
2. The matter has been reviewed by the Board, and as a final one time measure, Board have decided to grant suo-moto retention for further one month i.e upto 31st December, 2020. This relaxation has to be interpreted and operated within the following conditions/ guidelines:
- No damage rent will be charged for this period.
- The relaxation is not in addition to the normal entitlement as per rules.
- The period from 17th March to 31st December, 2020 is not treated as dies non.
- An officer will retain accommodation after transfer or superannuation as per extant rules at the prevailing rates of license fees and if the date of vacation falls during the specified period, retention upto 31.12.2020 shall be allowed on the payment of licence fee as applicable to the allottee on 16.03.2020 or on the due date of vacation, whichever is earlier.
3. The extension granted upto 31st December, 2020 is final and no further relaxation shall be granted. Any officer/staff in occupation of Quarter beyond the entitled period after 1st January 2021 shall be treated as unauthorized occupant and action be taken as per the laid down rules.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Finance directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Director Establishment (Genl.)
Also check the following links related to this topic: