Grant of Dearness Relief to Railway pensioners/family pensioners at Revised rate effective from 01.07.2015.
Railway Board has granted Dearness Relief to the Pensioners / family pensioners at the revised rate with effect from 01.07.2015
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
All Zonal Railways & Production Units.
(as per mailing list)
New Delhi, dated 14.10.2015
Sub: Grant of Dearness Relief to Railway pensioners/family pensioners – Revised rate effective from 01.07.2015.
A copy of Office Memorandum No.42/10/2014-P&PW (G) dated 28.09.2015 of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions (Department of Pension and Pensioners· Welfare) on the above subject is enclosed for your information and necessary action. These orders will apply mutatis mutandis on the Railways also.
2. A concordance or DOP&PW’s instructions referred to in the enclosed Office Memorandum and Railway Board’s corresponding instructions are given below:-
|S.No||Para . No.||No. & date of Deptt, of Pensions & Pensioners’ Welfare’s O.M.||No. & date of corresponding orders
issued by Railway Board.
|1.||1.||O.M.No.42/10/2014 P&PW dated 27.04.2015.||PC-VI/2008/1/7/2/2 dated 01.05.2015|
|2.||2.||( i) O.M. No. 23/1 /97- P&PW (B)
(ii) O.M. No. 23/3/2008- P&PW (B)
dated l 5.09.2008
|3.||3.||( i) O.M. No. 4/59/97- P&PW (D) dated 14.07.1998
(ii) O.M. No. 4/29/99- P&PW (D)dated 12.07.2000
|(i) F(E)III/96/PNI/9 dated 18.08.1998
|4.||5.||(i) O.M. No. 45/73/97- P&PW (G)
dated 02.07.1999(ii) O.M. No. 38/88/2008-P&PW (G)
dated 05.08.1999(ii) E)III/2008/PNI/13
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
DA: As above
Jt. Director, Pay Commission
F. No. 42/10/2014-P&PW(G)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003
D a t e : 26th Sept, 2015
Subject : Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners – Revised rate effective from 1. 7 .2015.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM No. 42/10/2014- P&PW(G) dated 27’h April, 2015 on the subject mentioned above and to state that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Relief (DR) payable to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 113% to 119% w.e.f. 1st July, 2015.
2. These orders apply to (i) All Civilian Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners (ii) The Armed Forces Pensioners, Civilian Pensioners paid out of the Defence Service Estimates, (iii) All India Service Pensioners (iv) Railway Pensioners and (v) The Burma Civilian pensioners/family pensioners and pensioners/families of displaced Government pensioners from Pakistan, who are Indian Nationals but receiving pension on behalf of Government of Pakistan and are in receipt of ad-hoc ex-gratia allowance of Rs. 3500/- p.m. in terms of this Department’s OM No. 23/1197-P&PW(B) dated 23.2.1998 read with this Department’s OM No. 23/3/2008- P&PW(B) dated 15.9.2008.
3. Central Government Employees who had drawn lump sum amount on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous body and have become eligible to restoration of 113rct commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount in terms of this Department’s OM No. 4/59/97- P&PW (D) dated 14.07.1998 will also be entitled to the payment of [email protected] 119% w.e.f. 1.7.2015 on full pension i.e., the revised pension which the absorbed employee would have received on the date of restoration had he not drawn lump sum payment on absorption and Dearness Pension subject to fulfillment of the conditions laid down in para 5 of the O.M. dated 14.07.98. In this connection, instructions contained in this Department’s OM No.4/29/99-P&PW (D) dated 12.7.2000 refer.
4. Payment of DR involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
5. Other provisions governing grant of DR in respect of employed family pensioners and re-employed Central Government Pensioners will be regulated in accordance with the provisions contained in this Department’s OM No. 45/73/97-P&PW (G) dated 2. 7 .1999 as amended vide this Department’s OM No. F. No. 38/88/2008-P&PW(G) dated 9th July, 2009. The provisions relating to regulation of DR where a pensioner is in receipt of more than one pension will remain unchanged.
6. In the case of retired Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts, necessary orders will be issued by the Department of Justice separately.
7. It will be the responsibility of the pension disbursing authorities, including the nationalized banks, etc. to calculate the quantum of DR payable in each individual case.
8. The offices of Accountant General and authorised Pension Disbursing Banks are requested to arrange payment of relief to pensioners etc. on the basis of these instructions without waiting for any further instructions from the Comptroller and Auditor General of India and the Reserve Bank of India in view of letter No. 528-TA, 11/34-80-11 dated 23/04/1981 of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India addressed to all Accountant Generals and Reserve Bank of India Circular No. GANS No. 2958/GA-64 (ii) (C53L)/81 dated the 2151 May, 1981 addressed to State Bank of India and its subsidiaries and all Nationalised Banks
9. In their application to the pensioners/family pensioners belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the C&AG.
10. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their OM No. 1/3/2015-E.ll(B) dated 23rd September, 2015.
11. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Please visit this Department’s website http://pensionersportal.gov.infor the orders on pension matters including above orders.