Ration Money Allowance (RMA) and Special Rate of Ration Allowance for all ranks of the three Services (Army, Navy & Air Force) and Inter-Service Organizations
Bombay Engineer Group
PIN – 900462
c/o 56 APO
15 Nov 2019
(All Bombay Sappers Unit)
RATION MONEY ALLOWANCE (RMA) FOR ALL RANKS IN THE THREE SERVICES (ARMY, NAVY & AIR FORCE) AND INTER-SERVICE ORGANISATIONS
1. A copy of Govt of India, Min of Def letter No PC-12045/Q/ ST6/ (Common Ration)/ 1411/ D(QS)/ 2019 dt 04 Apr 2019 recd under [HQ of MoD (Army), AG’s Branch letter No A/20038/P&A/MP 8 (I of R) (ADP)(i) dt 14 Oct 2019 is fwd herewith for your info and necessary action please.
2. You are requested to contents disseminate to all JCOs/OR of your unit/est.
OIC Liaison Cell
for OIC Records
Encl:- (As above)
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
Adjutant General’s Branch
Addl Dte Gen MP/MP 8 (I of R)
West Block-III, RK Puram
New Delhi- 110066
A/20038/P&A/MP 8(I of R)(ADP)(i)
14 Oct 2019
Office of the CGDA (AT-I)
Ulan Batar Road Palam
The CDA (IT& SDC)
RATION MONEY ALLOWANCE (RMA) FOR ALL RANKS IN THE THREE SERVICES (ARMY NAVY & AIR FORCE) AND INTER-SERVICE ORGANISATION
1. Please refer to Govt of India, Min of Def PC-12045/ Q/ ST6/ (Common Ration) 1411/ D(QS)/ 2019 dt 04 Apr 2019 (Copy enclosed).
2. It is intimated that Ration Money Allowance (RMA) is being paid at revised rate as per Govt of India, Min of Def letter under reference since Jul 2019 onwards but arrears for the FYs 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 have not been adjusted in IRLAs of affected individuals so far.
3. You are requested to take necessary steps to implement the same in Dolphin System to release the arrears of subject allowance at the earliest.
for Adjutant General
Enclosures : As above
All Record Offices – for info please.
PC-12045/Q/ST6/(Common Ration)/1411/ D(QS)/2019
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
New Delhi, dated the 04th April 2019
The Chief of the Army Staff,
The Chief of the Naval Staff,
The Chief of the Air Force,
Subject: Ration Money Allowance (RMA) for all ranks the three Services (Army Navy Air Force) and Inter-Service Organizations.
I am directed to convey the sanction of the President of India for revision of Ration Money Allowance (RMA) and Special Rate of Ration Allowance (SRA) in lieu of ration in kind for all Ranks of the three services (Army, Navy, Afr Force) Including officers and personnel of Inter service Organisations (ISOs) as below: –
|Financial Year||Ration Money Allowance (RMA) (Per man/day)||Special Rate of Ration Allowance (SRA) (Per man/ day)|
(promulgated earlier vide GOI letter dated 11.08.2016)
|2016-17||Rs. 113.67||Rs. 227.34|
|2017-18||Rs. 116.59||Rs. 233.18|
|2018-19||Rs. 117.29||Rs. 234.58|
*The officer posted in Peace Area shall continue to draw RMA @ Rs.97.85 per officer w.e.f. 01.01.2016 to 31.03.2016.
2. The officers posted in peace area shall draw RMA as per rates indicated above. However, the officers who have already drawn ration in kind will not be entitled for RMA for/ upto that particular period.
3. The Special Rate of Ration Allowance (SRA) shall be claimed by all ranks, only under following circumstances, 45 per Para 1(c) of AI-28/90:-
(i) When travelling by rail/road on leave.
(ii) When employed on movement control duties at a station where, they are obliged to take their meals in a refreshment room.
(iii) When detained on temporary duty at an outstation or attending camps where rations cannot be supplied by Govt.
(iv) When employed on Courier duty.
(v) When employed on secret equipment duty.
(vi) When Patients travel by Ambulance convoy or ordinary train provided free rations are not issued.
(vii) When TB Patients travel on transfer from one Military Hospital to another for further treatment on recommendations of Medical Board after they have been invalidated out of service, provided free rations are not issued.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Defence (Finance) vide I.D-No. 8/14/ Fin(QB)- (Vol-I)/038 dated 28.02.2019.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
* Tele- 23013347
Also check the following links related to this topic: