Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission – Increase in MP Quota from 6 to 10
KVS OM on Enhancing Quota of Special Dispensation Admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas for Members of Parliament
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has issued an OM Enhancing Quota of Special Dispensation Admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas for Members of Parliament
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
18, INSTITUTIONAL AREA,
SHAHEED JEET SINGH MARG,
NEW DELHI-110 016
F.No 110331/02/2015/KVS/Sp Disp/MP
Dated: 31st December, 2015
Subject: Enhancing Quota of Special Dispensation Admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas for Members of Parliament
Consequent upon the approval of the Board of Governors of KVS in the 103rd Meeting held on 30th October, 2015, the existing quota of 06 (six) children for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas on the recommendation of Hon’ble Members of Parliament during each academic session under the Special Dispensation Scheme is enhanced from 06 to 10 (ten) with effect from the next academic session, i.e. 2016-17.
The Revised Scheme of Special Dispensation Admission for Members of Parliament comes into vogue with effect from the academic session 2016-17 with the following features:
1. Each MP can refer 10 (ten) cases for admission under the Scheme in an academic year but such recommendations shall be confined to children whose parents belong to her/his constituency either by domicile or on account of having been posted soon-before or else migrate to her/his constituency on account of exigencies of service. Such recommendations would be for admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas located in her/his constituency only. In case there is no Kendriya Vidyalaya in the constituency of the Hon’ble MP(Lok Sabha) or in case the Kendriya Vidyalaya located in the constituency of the Hon’ble MP(Lok Sabha) does not have the required Class/Stream in which the recommendation for admission is to be made, she/he can recommend the case(s) in Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) located in any neighbouring contiguous constituency.
For Members of Rajya Sabha , the State from which the member has been elected would be deemed to be her/his constituency for this purpose.
Nominated members of Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha can recommend 10 cases for admission in any one or more Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) of the country.
2. These admissions shall be over and above the class strength.
3. These recommendations would be made for all classes except Pre-primary and classes X and XII.
4. These admission would be made at the beginning of the academic year and no admission would be allowed after the prescribed cutoff date (i.e.31st July) of the year.
5. The recommendations to be made shall be valid only if these are made in the prescribed coupon/format provided to each Members of Parliament by(Hq). Recommendations sent in any other format/manner shall not be considered.
6. The children recommended by Hon’ble Members of Parliament must be otherwise eligible for admission as per the extant KVS Admission Guidelines.
(Santosh Kumar Mall)