Light House Attendants, Navigational Assistant Gr.III, II and Head Light Keeper to get higher Grade Pay
7th CPC recommends higher grade pay for Light House Attendants, Navigational Assistant Gr.III, II and Head Light Keeper
7th Pay Commission has recommended higher grade pay for Light House Attendants, Navigational Assistant Gr.III, II and Head Light Keeper
Directorate of Lighthouses and Lightships
The Directorate of Lighthouses and Lightships is a subordinate office under Ministry of Shipping. It provides visual and radio aid to Marine navigation along the Indian coast. The visual aids are lighthouses, light vessel, buoys and beacons. The radio aids are DGPS (Differential Global positioning System), RACONS (Radar Beacon Transponder) etc.
The staff of the Directorate represented to the Commission with demands for better pay scales. Their pay structure at present is as under:
Head Light Keeper
Navigational Assistant Gr.II
Navigational Assistant Gr.III
Light House Attendant
Direct recruitment is at the levels of Light House Attendant (GP 1800), with educational qualification required of Class X+ITI, and at the level of Navigational Assistant Gr.III (GP 2400) with educational qualification of Diploma in Electronics and Communication.
Posts of Head Light Keeper and Navigational Assistant Gr.II are fully promotional from the immediate lower grade.
Besides requesting for better pay scales, grant of Night Duty Allowance and Uniform Allowance has also been sought.
Analysis and Recommendations
While educational qualification is not the sole criterion for determination of pay, it is, nevertheless, one of the important criterion for doing so. Consequently, considering the educational qualification required and the job content of these posts, it is recommended that Light House Attendants should be upgraded to GP 1900, Navigational Assistant Gr.III to GP 2800, Navigational Assistant Gr.II to GP 4200 and Head Light Keeper to GP 4600. These posts, should, then be placed at proper levels in the pay matrix.
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Planning Assistants should be upgraded to GP 4600 from the existing GP 4200 – 7th Pay Commission
- Technical Officers, Assistant Director Grade II (Tech), Textile Commissioner Office to be upgraded – 7th Pay Commission
- DG, Central Statistics Office to be upgraded to apex scale in the Indian Statistical Service – 7th Pay Commission
- Chemical and Metallurgical Employees to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Sr. Section Officer/Sr. Travelling Inspector of Accounts/Sr. Inspector of Stores Accounts to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Senior Technical Assistants to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations for Pensioners
- Junior Agriculture Assistant to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Junior ECG Technicians to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Officers in accounts cadres to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Pay of Central Government Employees and Bank Employees after 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Archivists, Archivists and Scientific Officer to get Higher Grade Pay -7th CPC recommendation
- Postal Inspectors, ASPO and Supdt to get Higher Grade Pay -7th Pay Commission
- Higher Grade Pay for Sheep Shearer cum Supervisor in CSBF) -7th CPC recommendation
- Russian Translators to get more grade pay – 7th CPC recommendations
- Higher Grade Pay for Senior Dietitian and Assistant Dietetic Officer of Railways – 7th Pay Commission
- Grade Pay of Radiographers in Railways, Defence and A&N – 7th CPC recommendation
- Strength of Central Govt Pensioners as on 01.01.2014
- Central Pensioners : 37% are in the 60-70 age group
- 7th Pay Commission Report – AIRF comments
- MACP to DSC – Recommendation of 7th Pay Commission
- No increment for non-performers – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission report on PRIS
- Modified Flexible Complementing Scheme – 7th Pay Commission Report
- 7th pay commission report on Retirement Gratuity