7th Pay Commission Report possible submission date
7th Pay Commission Report possible submission date as per Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers, Karnataka Region
There are lot of enquiries about the 7th CPC report submission. Let us examine the following facts.
1) The 7th CPC had issued following statement in July 2015 in its websitehttp://7cpc.india.gov.in/ . Even today the same status is existing.
“Further to the memoranda received from a variety of Organisations, Federations, Groups representing civil employees in the Government of India as also from the Defence Services, the Commission has had fruitful and wide ranging discussions on relevant issues with all stakeholders. Such interactions have now been concluded. Valuable inputs have been received and the work of compilation and finalization of the report is underway, so that the Commission completes its task in the time frame given to it. Accordingly, any future requests for meeting with the Commission will not be entertained.”
This shows clearly that the 7th CPC wanted to present its report on 28th August 2015 itself with no extension of time.
2) On August 7, 2015 National Council (Staff Side) Secretary Comrade Shiva Gopal Mishraji met the Chairman, Seventh Central Pay Commission, Shri Ashok Kumar Mathur and Secretary, Mrs. Meena Agarwal. It was assumed that the report of the VII CPC, as was promised for 28th August this year, may be delayed by one month.
This shows that the 7th CPC was delayed only one month..
3) Many news papers including Danik Bhaskar, Times of India, NDTV CNN IBN, Hindu etc had reported that the 7th CPC will be submitting its report on 30th September 2015 itself.
4) The 7th CPC chairman had informed in a PTI interview Justice Ashok Kumar Mathurji had stated that “The Commission will submit its report by the end of September,”
5) The Hon’able Finance Minister had also informed the 7th CPC report will be submitted shortly.
6) The 7th Pay Commission has asked for a two month extension from the government. That the Commission is hoping that the government would take a call on One Rank One Pension, so they could modulate their own formulation in terms of pay revision. Now the one rank one pension issue has been resolved, but the formal orders are not issued, it will be issued only next month. After the issue of the ORBP orders then 7th Pay Commission will submit its report.
7) Now four month extension of term of 7th Central Pay Commission is made the Union Cabinet chaired by the Hon’able Prime Minister, gave its approval for the extension of the term of the 7th Central Pay Commission by four months up to 31.12.2015. The Government had issued notification on 8th September “The Commission will make its recommendations by 31st December, 2015. It may consider, if necessary, sending reports on any of the mattersas and when the recommendations are finalized.”
8) Now the delay in submission of report and its implementation will be there and actual benefit of 7th CPC will occur only from April 2016. As Government will constitute its own committee to study the implementation of the 7th CPC report and issuing orders. It will benefit the Government as allowances effective date may be from April 2016 instead of January 2016.
9) When will the 7th CPC submit its report? There are three possibilities now on submission date.
a) If the 7th CPC feels that the assigned work has been completed it can submit its report any time, it’s only up to the 7th CPC and the Central Government. If the 7th CPC report is completed and ready for release as per paper reports then in these case the 7th CPC can directly submit its report to the Finance Ministry on 30th September without publishing the report in public due to Bihar elections. If election commission gives clearance then the 7th CPC report will be made public.
b) There is one more possibility is that the 7thCPC report will be submitted after Bihar elections ie after November 6th.
c) Last option is that report will be submitted only in December 2015 only.
We sincerely hope the 7th CPC report will be submitted at the earliest and the Central Government will implement the report at the earliest, so that the aspiration of the Central Government employees are taken care by the Central Government.
Source: Confederation, Karnataka Branch