Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for handling of Surrender Claim Cases in PLI/RPLI: Department of Posts OM dated 05.09.2023
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
(Directorate of Postal Life Insurance).
Chanakyapuri P.O. Complex
Sub: Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for handling of Surrender Claim Cases in PLI/RPLI.
This is regarding issue of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for handling of Surrender Claim Cases of PLI/RPLI.
2. In order to expedite the process of settlement of Surrender Claim Cases, the SOP, containing the detailed procedure, action to be taken by different officers/officials at different stages, formats of Claim Form and other required documents etc, has been prescribed.
3. This SOP is aimed at streamlining the current process of handling of Surrender Claim Cases with uniformity across the country. It will provide clarity on procedures and action to be taken at different levels in case of Surrender Claim Cases and is expected to lead to settlement of these cases in a time bound manner.
4. The SOP is attached herewith for wide circulation among all officers/officials concerned with instructions to follow the same in letter and spirit.
5. Divisions/Regions/Circles are requested to kindly arrange half a day’s training on the SOP for the staff working in CPCs, for better understanding and implementation. Further, Circles may also kindly monitor the implementation of the new SOP and training of CPC Staff at WCTCs.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority
Additional General Manager (PLI)
Copy to: –
- PSO to Secretary (Posts)/ PPS to Director General Postal Services.
- PPS/PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/Member (O)/ Member(P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/Member (Tech)
- AS&FA/Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO/Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
- Director, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai National Postal Academy, Ghaziabad
- CGM (BD)/CGM (Parcel)/CGM (CEPT)
- Addl.DG, APS C/o 56 APO
- All DDsG/GMs/Secretary PSB
- GM (CEPT), Mysuru, with a request to upload order in India Post Website
- All Directors, Postal Training Centres/ Director, PLI, Kolkata
- All Officers/Officials of PLI Directorate
Source: Department of Posts