Revised sanctioned strength of Staff Car Drivers – Department of Post order dated 26.06.2023
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi-110001, Dated : 26 June, 2023.
All Chief Postmasters General.
Subject: Revised sanctioned strength of Staff Car Drivers- regarding.
This is regarding revised sanctioned strength of Staff Car Drivers among the four grades, viz. Ordinary Grade, Grade-II, Grade-I and Special Grade in terms of ratio i.e. 30:30:35:5 respectively as per guidelines issued by DoP&T vide OM no. 43019/54/96-Estt(D) dated 15th February, 2001.
2. While reconciling the sanctioned strength of Staff Car Drivers, it is noticed that Circles have not apportioned the sanctioned strength of Drivers in 30:30:35:5 among the four grades (Ordinary Grade, Grade-II, Grade-I and Special Grade) correctly. The information received from some Circles showed variation in sanctioned strength of Staff Car Drivers.
3. Hence, re-calculation has been done on the basis of information provided by Circles following by guidelines issued by DoP&T vide OM no. 43019/54/96-Estt(D) dated 15th February, 2001. The revised sanctioned strength of Staff car Drivers is placed at Annexure-II.
4. Guidelines issued by Department of Expenditure vide OM no. 752985/2018/E.Coord. I dated 13.04.2018 (copy enclosed as Annexure-II) must be followed. Whenever dispensation for down-gradation of posts is exercised, the total number of sanctioned posts in the feeder and higher grade should not exceed the combined sanctioned strength of the two grades. All the Circles may start the process of promotion to the post of Staff Car Driver (Special Garde). Further, A.P., Assam, Maharashtra and Telangana Circle may continue the recruitment to the post of Staff car Drivers(Ordinary Grade).
Copy for information to:
- Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)/Director General (Postal Services)
- All Members of Postal Services Board/ AS & FA.
- Chief General Manager, BD Dte/Parcel Dte/PLI Dte.
- Director, RAKNPA/ GM CEPT/ Directors of all PTCs
- SO-SPN-II/PE-II/ SCT section
- GM(CEPT) – for uploading on India Post website.
- Guard File
Source: Department of Posts