Manual on Procurement of Goods, Manual on Procurement of Works and Manual on Procurement of Consultancy & Other Services – Updated as on 01.07.2022: CVC
Central Vigilance Commission
Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has been issuing various guidelines on Public Procurement from time to time. So far, in all 72 number of circulars containing issue specific guidelines were issued and were also hosted on Commission’s website.
2. Apart from the guidelines issued by CVC, Department of Expenditure (DoE), Government of India has also been issuing guidelines on public procurement including manuals on procurement of goods, works and consultancy & other services.
3. On other occasions, various other Organisations like NITI Aayog, D/o Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade have also issued guidelines on public procurement. CVC after deliberations with DoE and within the Organisations has come to logical conclusion that it would only be appropriate if public procurement guidelines are issued from D/o Expenditure. Due to multiple organizations issuing guidelines, procurement executives were facing problems in having a single authoritative source of reference.
4. DoE in collaboration with CVC has now updated (i) Manual on Procurement of Goods, (ii) Manual on Procurement of Works (iii) Manual on Procurement of Consultancy & Other Services, wherein all the CVC guidelines on public procurement have been merged.
5. These updated Manuals have been released by Cabinet Secretary in the office of Central Vigilance Commission on 1st July, 2022 in presence of CVC and Finance Secretary. Secretaries of various Ministries/Departments, Heads of PSUs/PSBs, officials of CVC, officials of DoE etc. were also present.
6. These updated Manuals of D/o Expenditure have been uploaded on the website of CVC and all the earlier guidelines of CVC on public procurement have been withdrawn. All the Organisations are required to update/align their procurement guidelines/manuals in line with the above Manuals of D/o Expenditure and upload them on their website at the earliest for easy access of their officials and other stakeholders.