Interest rates for Small Savings Schemes from 01.07.2019 to 30.09.2019
Revision of interest rates on various small savings schemes for the second quarter of financial year 2019-20 starting 1st July, 2019 and ending on 30th September, 2019
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: Revision of interest rates for Small Savings Schemes.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even number dated 16th February, 2016, vide which the various decisions taken by the Government regarding interest fixation for small savings schemes were communicated to all concerned.
2. On the basis of the decision of the Government, interest rates for small savings schemes are to be notified on quarterly basis. Accordingly, the rates of interest on various small savings schemes for the second quarter of financial year 2019-20 starting 1st July, 2019, and ending on 30th September, 2019, on the basis of the interest compounding / payment built-in in the schemes, shall be as under:
Rate of interest w.r.t. 01.04.2019 to 30.06.2019
Rate of interest w.r.t. 01.07.2019 to 30.09.2019
|l Year Time Deposit||7.0||6.9||Quarterly|
|2 Year Time Deposit||Quarterly|
|3 Year Time Deposit||Quarterly|
|5 Year Time Deposit||7.8||7.7||Quarterly|
|5 Year Recurring Deposit||7.3||7.2||Quarterly|
|5 Year Senior Citizen Savings Scheme||8.7||8.6||Quarterly and paid|
|5 Year Monthly Income Account||7.7||7.6||Monthly and paid|
|5 Year National Savings Certificate||8.0||7.9||Annually|
|Public Provident Fund Scheme||8.0||7.9||Annually|
|Kisan Vikas Patra||7.7 (will mature in 112 months)||7.6 (will mature in 113 months)||Annually|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme||8.5||8.4||Annually|
* No Change
3. This has the approval of Finance Minister.
(Akhilesh Kumar Mishra)
- The Secretary Department of Expenditure North Block, New Delhi.
- The Secretary Department of Revenue North Block, New Delhi.
- The Secretary Department of Posts Dak Bhawan New Delhi.
- The Secretary Department of Financial Services, Jeevan Deep Building Parliament Street, New Delhi.
- The Director National Savings Institute New Delhi.
- Chief General Manager Department of Govt. & Bank Accounts Reserve Bank of India Central Office, Mumbai.
- Reserve Bank of India Central Account Section Additional Office Section East High Court Road Nagpur – 440 001.
- Chief Secretaries of States/UT Governments.