Deployment of functionality patches in Finacle CBS for checking availability of Mobile Number: Department of Posts Order dated 12.12.2022
SB Order No. 22 / 2022
File No. FS-09/1/2021-FS-DOP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
All Head of Circles / Regions
Subject: Deployment of functionality patches in Finacle CBS for checking availability of Mobile Number – Regarding.
Linking of mobile number of account holder was made MANDATORY in SB Order No. 17/2017 dated 23.10.2017 for opening of any new POSB account. It was instructed that all the existing accounts are also to be seeded with the mobile numbers of the depositors concerned. It was instructed vide SB Order No. 01/2022 dated 13.01.2022 to update the mobile number before initiating the transactions amounting to Rs.20,000/- and above.
2. The competent authority has decided to restrict the transactions in Finacle at PO counter level in respect of the accounts without mobile number linked to the connected CIFs. This 1s to ensure mandatory updation of mobile number in those CIFs before initiating the financial transactions, as a fraud prevention measure and to facilitate the POSB customers to avail SMS, e-Passbook and IVR facilities. The functionality patches for the same have been deployed in Finacle.
(i). While doing the financial transactions including account closure / transfer of funds using the following menus irrespective of amount of transactions, system will check the availability of mobile number in the main CIF of the account holder. In case of joint accounts and minors’ accounts, the system will check the availability of mobile number in the first account holder’s CIF only and in the minor’s CIF (not the guardian’s CIF) respectively.
(ii). The Finacle system will throw an exception irrespective of amount of deposit / withdrawal / closure transactions. if mobile number is not updated. As soon as the exception message is displayed on the screen, the Counter PA should update the mobile number in the CIF using CMRC menu with reference to the mobile number available in KYC documents of the depositor. If the mobile number of the depositor is not available in KYC, the same shal) be obtained from the Depositor through fresh KYC documents. Then, supervisor shall verify the CIF modification through CMRC menu.
(iii). To begin with, system will allow the transactions with exception message. Exception will gradually he converted to ‘Error’ w.c.f, 01.04.2023, so as to block the transactions in accounts without mobile number.
3. GDS Branch Postmasters should also ensure that mobile numbers are updated in Finacle in respect of the accounts standing in the Branch Post Offices.
4. CEPT Chennai shall do necessary configurations in the system.
5. This may be circulated to all the offices concerned for information, guidance and necessary actions.
6. This is issued with the approval of competent authority.
(T C VIJAYAN)
Asst. Direttor (SB-I)
Source: Department of Posts