7th Pay Commission: Southern Railway has invited applications from eligible ex servicemen for engagement in safety categories of Bridge Organisation, Track Machine Organisation and other similar technical safety categories on full time contract basis under the 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix. Interested candidates may submit their applications at the official website-www.rrcmas.in after completing all the formalities before September 12, 2019 at 17.00 hrs. The selected candidates will get a consolidated salary of Rs 27,072 per month.
7th Pay Commission: Basic Pay, DA, TA, HRA, Dress allowance
They will be on full time contract basis and their remuneration will be on monthly basis comprising Basic Pay, DA, TA, HRA and Dress allowance of Rs 5000/- per annum wherever applicable. Notably, the remuneration for Level-1 Posts will be according to various classes of cities i.e., XYZ. Candidates must read the details carefully prior to submitting their application.
2,393 Posts in Level – 1 of the 7th Pay Commission
According to the notification, the number of notified posts are 2,393 in Level – 1 of the 7th Pay Commission. The Categories/Posts include Trackman, Helper (Track Machine), Helper (Tele), Helper (Signal), Pointsman ‘B’ (SCP), Helper (C&W), Helper/Diesel Mechanical, Helper/Diesel Electrical, and Helper/TRD.
Ex-Serviceman who has retired after putting in 15 years of service and has passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent will be eligible for the job on contract basis. Candidates upper age limit should be 50 years as on August 13, 2019.
Procedure for recruitment of Ex-Servicemen
According to the notification, the panel will be formed on the basis of Ex-Servicemen’s length of Military service for engaging on contract basis. Shortlisted Ex-Servicemen will be called for verification of original documents. The candidate shall attend the document verification, along with all relevant original certificates, at the date, time and venue specified by Railway Recruitment Cell. Any request for change of date, time & venue of document verification will not be entertained.
Those ex-servicemen successful in Document Verification will be subjected for Medical Examination. The list of Ex-servicemen to be engaged on contract basis will be based on the length of Military Service after successful Document Verification to the extent of notified posts.
The selected ex-servicemen will be imparted necessary training wherever applicable for a period which will be determined by the administration before their actual deployment.
Other key points
1. Service Personnel who are likely to be discharged from military service on or after the date of issue of this Notification are not eligible to apply against this notification.
2. Ex-servicemen who apply against this notification are advised to keep a tab on www.rrcmas.in to get the latest information on the dates of document verification and subsequent Medical Examination. Call Letter intimating date, time and venue of document verification will be available for download at the official website.
3. Being contract engagement, no pass or travel authority will be provided to any candidate, including SC/ST candidates. No intimation to the candidates will be sent through post, therefore, candidates are advised to keep their personal mobile number and personal valid email active, as communication may also be made through SMS/Email.
4. Ex-servicemen working in Govt/PSU will have to provide ‘NOC’ at the time of document verification and should be resigned from their present organization on their engagement in Indian Railways.
5. The selected ex-servicemen are liable to be posted anywhere within the jurisdiction of Southern