Reimbursement of medicines- Special Sanction in view of COVID-19: ECHS Order dated 06.10.2020
Reimbursement of medicines – Special Sanction in view of COVID-19: Beneficiary can purchase medicines upto 31 Dec 2020 – ECHS Order dated 06.10.2020
Central Organisation, ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Ministry of Defence (Army)
Thimayya Marg, Near Gopinath
Circle, Delhi Cantt-110010
06 Oct 2020
(All Regional Centres)
REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICINES : SPECIAL SANCTION IN VIEW OF COVID-19
1. Further to this HQ letter No B/49761/AG/ECHS dated 23 Mar 2020, even No dt 24 Apr 2020, 01 Jun 2020, 02 Jun 2020 and 07 Aug 2020.]
2. A onetime sanction for purchase of medicines and claim reimbursement was issued till 30 Sep 2020. In view of increasing cases of COVID-19 and further extension of lockdown beyond 30 Sep 2020 in containment Zones, to promote social distancing and avoiding unnecessary exposure to ECHS beneficiaries as well as minimizing footfall at ECHS Polyclinics, the ECHS beneficiaries having life style/ chronic ailments diseases on long treatment may purchase medicines lasting till 31 Dec 2020 in one go or month wise based on the prescription held (prescribed by doctor of Polyclinic/ Service hospital/ Empanelled hospital/ Sehat OPD) irrespective of NA or otherwise. It is also clarified that the ECHS Polyclinics are functional and ECHS beneficiaries also have the option to collect medicines through ECHS Polyclinics as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market. after taking prior appointment from respective OIC Polyclinic.
3. One time sanction is hereby accorded to reimburse the above expenditure under individual reimbursement of medical claims. The reimbursement will be done as per guidelines issued by this HQ vide letter No B/49761/AG/ECHS/Medicine Policy dt 18 May 2020 and even No 21 Jul 2020.
4. The date of upto 31 Dec 2020 indicate that the beneficiary may purchase medicines under this provision on any day before or on 31 Dec 2020, as per the due date of his prescription. The medicines may be purchased as per prescription for a period of 30 days if purchased in the month of December.
5. This is issued in accordance with MoD (DoESW) letter No 22D(19)/2020/WE/D (Res-1) dated 01 Oct 2020 and will be applicable beyond 30 Sep 2020 till 31 Dec 2020.
Offg Df (Med)
Copy to -:-
MoD (DoESW) – With reference to your file No 22D(19)/2020/WE/D
(Res-1) dated 01 Oct 2020.