Fixation of Pay on promotion/NFS of PSs of CSSS on or after 1.1.2016, who have already availed pay fixation and increment under MACP – DOPT Clarification date 29.03.2022
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 29th March, 2022
Subject: Fixation of Pay on promotion/NFS of PSs of CSSS on or after 1.1.2016, who have already availed pay fixation and increment under MACP — clarification regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department OM No.10/3/2004-CS. II (Pt.)(A) dated 18.4.2012 vide which Private Secretaries of CSSS who have already been granted increment and Grade Pay of Rs.5400 in the PB-2 of Rs. 9300-34800 under MACPS, have been allowed the benefit of one increment @3% when placed in Non-functional pay scale in PB-3 of Rs.15600-39100+GP Rs. 5400. After implementation of 7th CPC recommendations, the MACP guidelines have been amended vide OM No.35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) Vol.III dated 04.7.2017 modifying para-4 of the earlier MACP guidelines dated 19.5.2009. The OM dated 4.7.2017 inter alia states that .. “….benefit of pay fixation available at the time of regular promotion shall also be allowed at the time of financial upgradation under the Scheme. Therefore, the pay shall be raised by 3% of the total pay in the pay band and the grade pay drawn before such upgradation. There shall, however, be no further Fixation of pay at the time of regular promotion/Grant of Non-functional Scale, if it is in the same grade pay as granted under MACPS. However, at the time of actual promotion/grant of Non functional Scale, if it happens to be in a post carrying higher grade pay than what is available under MACPS, no pay fixation would be available and only difference of grade pay would be made available.
2. The issue of pay fixation and grant of increment to PSs of CSSS as per OM dated 18.4.2012 in the light of the revised guidelines issued vide OM dated 4.7.2017 has been examined in consultation with Establishment Division, DOPT and Dept. of Expenditure and it is clarified that the dispensation of pay fixation to PSs of CSSS as available under OM No.10/3/2004-CS.1l (Pt.)(A) dated 18.4.2012 shall not be available w.e.f. 1.1.2016 in view of the amendments made in the MACPS guidelines vide OM No.35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) Vol.II dated 04.7.2017. Accordingly, pay fixation and grant of increment on promotion/NFS on or after 1.1.2016 to PSs of CSSS, who have already availed pay fixation and increment under MACP, shall be regulated as per the guidelines vide OM No.35034/3/2008-Estt.(D) Vol.l dated 04.7.2017 and the provisions of OM dated 18.4.2012 of this Division shall not be applicable.
3. If any benefits based on this Division’s OM dated 18.4.2012 have been extended to any PS of CSSS on or after 1.1.2016, the same shall be reviewed based on the guidelines dated 4.7.2017 and recoveries, if any due, shall be made accordingly.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
- All Ministries/Departments of Govt. of India
- E-Coord.-III, Dept. of Expenditure w.r.t. ID Note No.03/15/2021-E.1I(A) dt. 3.1.2022/ eFTS 179468 dt.3.1.2022.
- Establishment Division/Pay Division, DoPT, North Block, New Delhi.
- Order Folder
- NIC for uploading of the OM in Dept. website
Also check the following links related to this topic: