7th CPC: Modifications in the rates of Risk Allowance in consonance with the DOP&T’s orders
Modifications in the rates of Risk Allowance in consonance with the DOP&T’s orders dated 03.11.2020 under 7th CPC: Railway Board Order dated 13.04.2021
भारत सरकार/GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
रेल मंत्रालय/MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(रेलवे बोर्ड /RAILWAY BOARD)
RBE No. 30/2021
No. E(P& A)I-2017/SP-1/AD-1
New Delhi, dated 13.04.2021
The General Managers and PFAs,
All Indian Railways & PUs.
Sub: Modifications in the rates of Risk Allowance in consonance with the DOP&T’s orders dated 03.11.2020 under 7th CPC.
Attention is invited to Railway Board’s letter under reference vide which the rate of Risk Allowance was revised from Rs. 60 per month to Rs. 135 per month w.e.f. 01.07.2017 in terms of Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure)’s resolution No. 11-1/2016-IC dated 06.07.2017 conveying Government’s decision on 7 CPC’s recommendations. It was also mentioned in para 4 of the said letter that any modification/changes would be issued, if any instructions which are at variance from these, are received from the nodal Ministry/Department i.e. DOP&T.
2. DOP&T’s orders have been received in terms of their OM No. A-27018/01/2017-Estt.(AL) dated 03.11.2020. In accordance with the provisions thereof, the matter has been considered by the Board and the following has been decided:-
i. The revised rate of Risk Allowance under the 7th CPC will be admissible w.e.f. 03.11.2020.
ii. Risk Allowance will be payable @ Rs. 90/- per month w.e.f. 03.11.2020 onwards.
iii. Payment of Risk Allowance for the period from 01.07.2017 to 02.11.2020 would be at the 6th CPC rate i.e. @ Rs. 60/- per month.
iv. All the Railways/PUs should recover the difference of Risk Allowance @Rs.75 pm (Rs.135-Rs.60) i.e., excess of Risk allowance paid per month from 1.7.2017 to 2.11.2020 and @ Rs.45 pm (Rs.135-Rs.90) ie., excess of Risk allowance paid per month from 3.11.2020 to the date of recovery.
3. The categories/staff engaged in the jobs who are eligible for grant of Risk Allowance is annexed with this letter.
4. The categories who are in receipt of HPCA/PCA are not eligible for grant of Risk Allowance.
5. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
6. Hindi version will follow. Please acknowledge receipt.
List of categories/staff engaged in the following jobs are eligible for grant of Risk Allowance.
- Those directly engaged in spray painting.
- Those directly engaged in galvanising tanks, effluent treatment plant, manufacturing of insulation components involving hazardous chemical etc.
- Those directly engaged in use of electrolytes.
- Those directly exposed to metallic dust, fumes generated from resin bakers, smoke from the furnace, carbon burst shops.
- Those directly working in Melting Shop in all foundries where scrap is used.
- Moulding shop in Rail Wheel Factory/Bangalore.
- Those directly engaged in chrome plating.
- Safaiwalas directly working in underground drains/sewer pipes, cleaning of manholes.
- Safaiwalas directly working in sewerage treatment plant in workshops.
- Malaria Khalasis directly engaged in spraying pesticides, handling acids, anti-larval drugs, etc.
- Chest Clinic Staff.
- X Ray Attendants.