Cadre Review of Medical Laboratory Staff in Central Government Hospitals approved – Department of Expenditure issues orders
F.No. 2(12)/E.III Desk/2013
Department of Expenditure
Subject: Proposal for the Cadre review of Medical Laboratory Staff in 4 Central Government Hospitals.
Reference Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s Note No. Z-28020/11/2008-PMS (Part) dated 30.01.2015 on the abovementioned subject.
2. The proposal has been examined in this Department and the following Cadre Structure for the Laboratory Staff in 4 Central Government Hospitals is concurred to with the approval of Hon’ble Finance Minister –
|Sl. No.||Existing Name of Post & Pay Scales In four central hospitals(Sufdarjung Hospital & VMCC + RML Hospital + LHMC & SSK Hospital + Kalawati Saran Hospital)||Existing Strength of all four Hospitals||Name of Post & Pay Scales Proposed by AM||Strength proposed by AM||Revised Strength approved by Hon’ble FM|
|1.||Laboratory Assistant PB-1, GP (2000, 2400, 2800)|
|Junior Medical Lab Technologist PB-1 GP-2800|
|2.||Lab Technician/ Blood Bank Technician PB-1, GP 2800|
|Medical Lab Technologist # PB-2 GP 4200|
|Post of Lab Technician/ Blood Bank Technician & Technical Assistant/ Sr. Laboratory Technician/ Museum Curator/ Senior Blood Bank Technician have been merged with a revised designation as Medical Lab Technologist324 (merged in GP 4200/-)|
|3||Technical Assistant/ Sr. Laboratory Technician/ Museum Curator/ Senior Blood Bank Technician PB-1 GP 2800|
|Senior Medical Technologist (MLT) # PB-2 GP-4600 Group-B|
|4||Senior Technical Assistant (Lab)/ Technical Supervisor (Lab) PB-2, GP-4200 Group B|
|Technical Officer (MLT) PB-2, GP-4800 Group-B|
|32## Revised designation of Technical Officer (MLT) in the GP of 4600|
|5||Junior Technical Officer/ Technical Supervisor (Lab) PB-2, GP-4600 Group-B|
|Senior Technical Officer # (MLT) PB-3 GP 5400|
|18Revised designation of Senior Technical Officer (MLT) in the GP of 4800/-|
|6||Chief Technical Officer (MLT) **(New grade)|
|Chief Technical Officer (MLT) PB-3 GP 6600 Group-A (Gazetted)|
4 (one post for each hospital)
|4 (one post for each hospital in GP of 5400/- in PB3 (Gazetted)|
|Lab Attendants* PB-1 GP 1800|
|Proposed to be abolished|
* These will be gradually phased out on functional grounds
** New grade of Chief Technical Officer (MLT) for promotional avenues for Senior Technical Officer (STO) and managing the Technical supervision of four central hospitals.
# Upgradation has been proposed to establish parity in pay scales for suitable placement as per their upgraded professional qualification.
## There is a reduction of 10 posts of Technical Office in the four central hospitals in the proportion i.e. SJH (-3) + RMLH (-4) + LHMC (-3).
3. RRs for all these posts may be revised on priority basis as per the proposed qualifications etc. in consultation with DoP&T.
4. The Designations and the Grade Pays of all the posts may be revised as approved.
5. As decided in the meeting held on 24.05.2015, the proposal of MoH&FW all exising Medical Laboratory staff at level 1 & 2 may be considered for promotion based on length of service based on DoP&T Guidelines.
6. Ministry is advised to form a common cadre of all the Laboratory staff working in the four Govt. Hospitals with a new nomenclature, and service rules.
Deputy Secretary (E.III Desk)
Joint Secretary (HR), MoH&FW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
MoF, DoE, I.D. No. 2(12)/E.III Desk/2013 dated 06th July, 2015
Download Department of Expenditure Cadre Review Approval letter F.No. 2(12)/E.III Desk/2013 dated 06.07.2015