7th Pay Commission Pension and Arrears Calculator as per 7th CPC implementation Notification issued by Govt – Pension Fixation as per Option 1 will be accepted subject to feasibility
Fixation of Pension of Pre 2016 Pensioners as per item No.11 of Annexure to Gazette Notification for revision of Pension based on 7th Pay Commission Recommendations
7th Pay Commission Recommendations:
As far as revision of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioners is concerned 7th Pay Commission recommended two Pension fixation methods namely (1) Option 1 and (2) Option 2. The Commission also proposed that Pre-2016 Pensioners can choose any of these two 7th CPC Pension fixation options, which is beneficial to them.
All the Civilian personnel including CAPF who retired prior to 01.01.2016 (expected date of implementation of the Seventh CPC recommendations) shall first be fixed in the Pay Matrix being recommended by this Commission, on the basis of the Pay Band and Grade Pay at which they retired, at the minimum of the corresponding level in the matrix. This amount shall be raised, to arrive at the notional pay of the retiree, by adding the number of increments he /she had earned in that level while in service, at the rate of three percent. Fifty percent of the total amount so arrived at shall be the revised pension.
(ii) The second calculation to be carried out is as follows. The pension, as had been fixed at the time of implementation of the VI CPC recommendations, shall be multiplied by 2.57 to arrive at an alternate value for the revised pension.
Decision of Govt with regard to 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation:
Both the options recommended by the 7th Central Pay Commission as regards pension revision be accepted subject to feasibility of the implementation.
Revision of pension using the second option based on fitment factor of 2.57 be implemented immediately.
The first option may be made applicable if its implementation is found feasible after examination by the Committee comprising Secretary (Pension) as Chairman and Member (Staff). Railway Board, Member (Staff), Department of Posts, Additional Secretary & Financial Adviser, Ministry of Home Affairs and Controller General of Accounts as Members.
Checkout following important decisions made by Govt as far as revision of Pension as per 7th Pay Commission recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission Defence Pay Matrices of Civil, Defence and MNS modified – Cabinet approves
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Revision for ESIC Employees
- 7th Pay commission pension, gratuity and commutation to AIS Pensioners
- 7th CPC Pension Calculation : Implementation of First Option after Committee Report
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Implementation for Post-2016 Pensioners – Revision of Gratuity, Pension, Commutation
- 7th Pay Commission Pension implementation for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners
- 7th Pay Commission Pension gazette Notification issued by Govt
To facilitate Central Government employees to estimate approximate pay arrears we launched 7th Pay Commission Pay and Arrears Calculator recently
How to use GConnect 7th Pay Commission Pension Calculator with arrears estimation?
1. Select 6CPC pay Band in which the pensioner retired – In the case of pre-2006 pensioners, find out the 6CPC pay band, equivalent to the pay scale at which the pensioner retired
|Pay scale w.e.f.1.1.1986||Post/ Grade and Pay scale w.e.f. 1.1.1996||
Corresponding 6th CPC Pay Bands and Grade Pay
|750-12-870-14-940||2550-55-2660-60-3200||4440-7440 GP -1300|
|775-12-871-12-1025||2610-60-3150-65-3540||4440-7440 GP 1400|
|775-12-871-14-955-15-1030-20-1150||2610-60-2910-65-3300-70-4000||4440-7440 GP -1600|
|800-15-1010-20-1150||2650-65-3300-70-4000||4440-7440 GP -1650|
|825-15-900-20-1200||2750-70-3800-75-4400||5200-20200 GP -1800|
|3050-75-3950-80-4590||5200-20200 GP –
|5200-20200 GP –
|5200-20200 GP –
|1350-30-1440-40-1800-50-22001400-40-1800-50-2300||4500-125-7000||5200-20200 GP –
|1400-40-1600-50-2300-60-26001600-50-2300-60-2660||5000-150-8000||9300-34800 GP –
|1640-60-2600-75-2900||5500-175-9000||9300-34800 GP -4200|
|2000-60-2120||6500-200-6900||9300-34800 GP -4200|
|2000-60-2300-75-32002000-60-2300-75-3200-3500||6500-200-10500||9300-34800 GP –
|7450-225-11500||9300-34800 GP –
|2500-4000||7500-250-12000||9300-34800 GP -4800|
|2200-75-2800-100-40002300-100-2800||8000-275-13500||9300-34800 GP -5400|
|2200-75-2800-100-4000||8000-275-13500 (Group A Entry)||15600-39100 GP -5400|
|2630/- FIXED||9000||15600-39100 GP -5400|
|2630-75-2780||9000-275-9550||15600-39100 GP -5400|
|3150-100-3350||10325-325-10975||15600-39100 GP -6600|
|15600-39100 GP –
|3200-100-3700-125-4700||10650-325-15850||15600-39100 GP -6600|
|3700-150-44503700-125-4700-150-5000||12000-375-16500||15600-39100 GP -7600|
|3950-125-4700-150-5000||12750-375-16500||15600-39100 GP -7600|
|3700-125-4950-150-5700||12000-375-18000||15600-39100 GP -7600|
|4100-125-4850-150-53004500-150-5700||14300-400-18300||37400-67000 GP -8700|
|4800-150-5700||15100-400-18300||37400-67000 GP -8700|
|5100-150-57005100-150-61505100-150-5700-200-6300||16400-450-20000||37400-67000 GP –
|5100-150-6300-200-6700||16400-450-20900||37400-67000 GP -8900|
|4500-150-5700-200-7300||14300-450-22400||37400-67000 GP -10000|
|5900-200-67005900-200-7300||18400-500-22400||37400-67000 GP -10000|
|7300-100-7600||22400-525-24500||67000-79000 GP -NIL|
|7300-200-7500-250-8000||22400-600-26000||75500–80000 GP -NIL|
|7600/- FIXED7600-100-8000||24050-650-26000||75500–80000 GP -NIL|
|8000/- FIXED||26000(FIXED)||80000(FIXED) GP -NIL|
|9000/- FIXED||30000(FIXED)||90000(FIXED) GP -NIL|
2. Select type of pension (pension / family pension)
3. Enter the Pension as per bank pass book for the month of May 2016 excluding Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) if any (This is the pension amount with 125% DA minus monthly commutation amount and FMA if any. Do not deduct commutation on your own from this amount as the tool would calculate your basic pension based on commutation amount given by you)
4. Enter monthly commutation amount if any.
5. Select the number of increments received in pay scale at which the pensioner retired /deceased.
6. Select the month up to which the arrears of pension is to be calculated.
1. Pre-2006 pensioners will have to enter the revised pension as per OM dated 28.01.2013 and OM dated 30.07.2015. Their revised pension can be calculated from the GConnect pre-2006 pensioners revised pension calculator.
2. New DA from July 2016 is estimated to be 2%. Since this DA will be announced only in Sep / Oct 2016, for the purpose of calculation of arrears this tool takes DA from July 2016 as 0% only. It is expected that DA arrears for differential DA of 2% will be paid seperately
Checkout this GConnect Article : 7th Pay Commission DA Calculator as per gazette notification
Disclaimer: Estimation of pension arrears by this online tool is on the basis of Interpretation of GConnect Team . Readers are advised to verify the correctness of result that this tool produces. GConnect.in is not responsible for any wrong output.