Transfer of MTS officials under provisions of Rule 38 of Postal Manual Volume IV: Department of Posts Order dated 16.11.2021
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated: November 16, 2021
1. All Chief Postmasters General; ,
2. Chief General Manager, BD / Parcel / PLI Directorate / CEPT Bengaluru
3. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of al] PTCs
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Subject: Transfer of MTS officials under provisions of Rule 38 of Postal Manual Volume IV — reg.
I am directed to refer to Transfer guidelines issued vide letter no. 12-1/2019-SPB-II dated 17.01.2019 and say that para 3(A)(ix) of Transfer guidelines provides that under Rule-38, inter-Circle and intra-Circle transfer from one distinct cadre to another viz. Post Offices to Circle Office, Regional Office, SBCO, Postal Assistant to Sorting Assistant, etc or vice versa shall not be allowed.
2. The suggestions received from various corners for allowing inter cadre transfer of MTS within postal setup may be allowed as the duties of MTS are almost same in all the distinct cadres of MTS.
3. The issue has been examined and it is found that role and responsibility of Multi-Tasking Staff working in various vertical of functioning of Department viz. RMS, Postal, MMS, CO/RO, etc are not substantially different. It has therefore been decided that MTS officials shall be permitted to seek transfer under Rule 38 from one wing to another. All the provisions of transfer for Rule-38 related to seniority and service conditions, etc will be ensured. The seniors will not be entitled to TBOP/BCR/MACP and other benefits vis-a-vis the official transferred under Rule 38.
Assistant Director General (SPN)
Copy to: –
1. EA to Secretary (Posts) / EA to DGPS
2. All recognized Service Union / Federation
3. Portal upload, CEPT with request to upload this letter on India Post website.