Reservation for SC/ST and OBC in Govt Jobs – Percentage of Reservation
Reservation for SC/ST and OBC in Govt Jobs is not against the Constitution – Percentage of Reservation for SC/ST, OBC in States for Central Govt Jobs
The percentage of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs in States for Central Govt Jobs in case of direct recruitment to Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts normally attracting candidates from a locality or a region is provided here.
Except in Delhi, reservation for the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in case of direct recruitment to Group C and Group D posts normally attracting candidates from a locality or a region is generally fixed on the basis of proportion of their population in the respective States/UTs.
Reservation for Other Backward Classes in such cases is fixed keeping in view the proportion of their population in the respective States/UTs subject to a limit of 27% and total reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs should not exceed 50%. Quantum of reservation fixed for SCs, STs and OBCs in such cases is indicated below
|SL.NO.||NAME OF THE STATE/UT||PERCENTAGE OF RESERVATION|
|Scheduled Castes||Scheduled Tribes||Other Backward Classes|
|10||Jammu & Kashmir||8||11||27|
|29||Andaman & Nicobar Islands||0||8||27|
|31||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||2||43||5|
|32||Daman & Diu||3||9||27|
Download / Read SC / ST Reservation and OBC Reservation in Central Government Service – Important Orders
- Monitoring of the implementation of Reservation Policy of ESM in CCS&P, Banks, CPSEs and CAPFs
- Reservation for Scheduled Castes
- When Will the Benefit of Reservation for ST End – Minister’s Reply
- What is Reservation Policy and how it is being implemented ?
- Reservation for SC/ST and OBC in Govt Jobs – Constitution Amendment
- Reservation for SC/ST and OBC in Govt Jobs – BROCHURE on Reservation
- Reservation for SC/ST and OBC in Govt Jobs – Policy related FAQs
- Reservation for SC/ST and OBC in Govt Jobs – Reservation in Promotion
- Reservation for SC/ST and OBC – National Commission for Scheduled Castes
- Reservation for SC/ST and OBC in Govt Jobs – Background of National Commission