President’s Police Medal (PPM) and Police Medal (PM) on the occasion of Independence Day 2021 – Railway Board
Recommendations for the Award of President’s Police Medal (PPM) for Distinguished Service and Police Medal (PM) for Meritorious Service on the occasion of Independence Day 2021 – Railway Board
भारत सरकार / GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
रेल मंत्रालय / MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(रेलवे बोर्ड/ RAILWAY BOARD)
New Delhi, Dated: 24.03.2021
Principal Chief Security Commissioners/RPF,
All Zonal Railways & PUs, KRCL, RDSO, Metro Rail Kol., CORE & Con.
Principal Chief Security Commissioner/RPSF, |
Force HQ, 6!” BN/ DBSI/ Delhi – 35
Director JJR RPF Academy, LKO & Trg. Centre/Maula Ali
Sub: Recommendations for the award of President’s Police Medal (PPM) for Distinguished Service and Police Medal (PM) for Meritorious Service on the occasion of Independence Day 2021
Please find enclosed a copy of the MHA letter No. 11019/12/2021-PMA dated 17.03.2021 on the above mentioned subject. Nominations of eligible officers and staff in prescribed proforma (only one copy) for the award of President’s Police Medal (PPM) for Distinguished Service and Police Medal (PM) for Meritorious Service on the occasion of Independence Day 2021 may be forwarded to this office latest by 24 April 2021.
APAR grading for the last 13 years (2007-08 to 2019-20) along with D&AR and Vigilance Clearance, Criminal Case Clearance and Punishment Details must accompany the nominations. Guidelines and procedures prescribed in the enclosed letter of MHA must strictly be adhered to.
Integrity Certificate & Medical Certificate must also be enclosed as per proforma attached. The guidelines for criteria of medical fitness may be obtained from the Archive Section of RPF webpage.
A list of important points to be considered by zonal railways is also being enclosed for increased efficiency of the process. It is reiterated that only the recommendations complete in all respects may be forwarded to this office. All queries/communication regarding the above may please be made at 011-23041532.
Matter may be treated as MOST URGENT.
DA: As above
Copy uploaded under ‘Important Circulars’ on RPF webpage for information of all concerned.
Important points for zonal railways while preparing and forwarding the recommendations of PM/PPM to Board’s office
1. Only one copy (signed and in Original) of the recommendation shall be forwarded.
2. Citation of every recommended personnel Should not be more than 200 words. It is informed that the online mode of submission to MHA does not accept more than 200 words.
3. Point No. 6 of Annexure-I (Date of joining) is absolutely necessary. Please provide the exact date of appointment for calculating length of service.
4. If APAR grading of any personnel is not available, kindly mention the reason for the same. Back reference of APAR grading upto three years is considered only in case of a ‘Non-Initiation Certificate’. In this case, an NIC certificate for that year should invariably be enclosed.
5. As per norms, last year’s APAR grading should not be missing. If APAR for the year 2019-20 is not available, the case may be treated as disqualified.
6. In case of Part ACRs in a year, the number of months against the ACR shall also be mentioned. For example:
7. The zonal railway will issue a separate certificate (Physical/ Medical Certificate as enclosed with proforma) in respect of medical fitness after receiving medical certificate from authorized medical officer.
8. A copy of the 4 page medical report issued by the medical officer shall also be enclosed for scrutiny at Board’s level.
9. Two (02) Photographs may be enclosed for recommendees of PPM only. No photograph for IPM recommendees may be sent.
10. Since the process is time bound and monitored by MHA, last date of forwarding the recommendations may be followed Strictly.
11. Approved Recommendations will be uploaded on MHA portal at Board’s level. Zonal railway may ensure that all documents of the recommended personnel are forwarded to Railway Board.
12. It shall be the responsibility of zonal railways to ensure correctness of information and send complete information as requested in the proforma. Recommendations with incomplete information shall be rejected.
13. The Integrity certificate and physical/medical certificate of all the recommended personnel from the zone may be sent in a single- paged consolidated format as provided by MHA,
14. For any query or assistance, please connect at 011-23041532.