Swatantrata Sainik Samman Yojana: Monthly Amount of Pension & Facilities provided to the Freedom Fighters under SSSY
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 361
TO BE ANSWERED ON THE 1ST DECEMBER, 2021/ 10 AGRAHAYANA, 1943 (SAKA)
SWATANTRATA SAINIK SAMMAN YOJANA
361. DR. AMEE YAJNIK:
Will the Minister of HOME AFFAIRS be pleased to state:
(a) whether Government has added any facility to the existing welfare measures for freedom fighters under Swatantrata Sainik Samman Yojana during the last three years;
(b) if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor;
(c) whether Government has any plan to revise the Central Samman Pension in view of price rise, or provide any additional subsidy to freedom fighters; and
(d) if so, the details thereof?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS (SHRI AJAY KUMAR MISHRA)
(a) to (d) The Swatantrata Sainik Samman Yojana pension has been revised and increased by the Central Government with effect from 15.08.2016. Dearness Allowance/Relief as given to the Central Government Employees/pensioners twice a year, has been made applicable to the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Yojana pensioners also. At present, the amount of pension being given to the freedom fighters and their eligible dependents is at Annexure-I. The facilities other than pension being provided to the freedom fighters and their eligible dependents are at Annexure-II.
MONTHLY AMOUNT OF PENSION PROVIDED UNDER SWATANTRATA SAINIK SAMMAN YOJANA (SSSY)
|Sl No.||Category of freedom fighters||Basic amount of pension (per month)||Enhanced amount of pension after adding 29% DR (per month) w.e.f. 01.07.2021|
|1.||Ex-Andaman Political prisoners/spouses||Rs.30,000/-||Rs.38,700/-|
|2.||Freedom fighters who suffered outside British India/spouses||Rs.28,000/-||Rs.36,120/-|
|3.||Other Freedom fighters/ spouses including INA||Rs.26,000/-||Rs.33,540/-|
|4.||Dependent parents/eligible daughters (maximum 3 daughters at any point of time)||50% of the sum that would have been admissible to the freedom fighters, i.e. in the range of Rs.13,000/- to Rs.15,000/-||50% of the sum that would have been admissible to the freedom fighters, i.e. in the range of Rs.16,770/- to Rs.19,350/-|
Facilities provided to the Freedom Fighters
- Free railway pass (2nd/3rd AC in Duronto, 1st Class/2nd AC by any train including Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi) for freedom fighters/their widow/widower, along with one companion in same class, for life;
- Free medical facilities under Central Government Health Scheme (C.G.H.S) and free medical treatment in hospitals run by Public Sector Undertakings under the control of Department of Public Enterprises have also been extended to the freedom fighters and their dependents;
- Telephone connection, subject to feasibility, without installation charges, and on payment of only half the rental;
- Provision of 4% reservation under “Combined Category” for Physically Handicapped Personnel(PH), Outstanding Sports Persons(OSP) and Freedom Fighters(FF) in the normal selection procedure adopted by Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies for allotment of petrol pumps, gas agencies etc.
- General pool residential accommodation (within the overall 5% discretionary quota) to the freedom fighters in Delhi. Spouse of a freedom fighter is permitted to retain the accommodation for a period of six months after death of the freedom fighter;
- There is a fully furnished and old age friendly Freedom Fighters’ Home at New Delhi providing transit accommodation (stay and meal) for freedom fighters/ their eligible dependents; and
- In addition to the above facilities, ex-Andaman freedom fighters/their spouses have been allowed to also avail free air travel facility to visit Andaman & Nicobar Islands, once a year, alongwith a companion.
Source: Rajya Sabha