One Rank One Pension (OROP) revision to the Defence pensioners w.e.f. 01.07.2019 – Payment of arrears may be authorised before 15th March 2023 (in one go): PCDA(P) Circular No. 667 dated 28.02.2023
O/o THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, PRAYAGRAJ- 211014
Circular No. 667
Dated: 28th Feb 2023
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. of Govt, Bank Accounts, Central Office C-7, Second Floor, Bandra – Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandra East Mumbai-400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks.
3. The Nodal Officers, ICICI/HDFC/AXIS/IDBI Banks
4. All Managers, CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasury, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, R K Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi.
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt. of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K), Camp Bell Bay.
13. The Principal Pay and Accounts Officer Andaman and Nicobar Administration Port Blair.
Subject:-Implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) revision to the Defence pensioners w.e.f. 01.07.2019.
Reference:- This office Circular No. 666 dated 20.01.2023 and MoD ID No. 4(5)/2016-D(P/L) Vol-IV dated 27.02.2023.
Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 1(1)/2019/D(Pen/Pol)/Vol-II dated 20.01.2023 and No. 1(1)/2019/D(Pen/Pol) dated 04.01.2023 on the above subject have been issued in implementation of OROP w.e.f. 01.07.2019. This office has also issued necessary directive to all PDAs in implementation of same vide Circular No. 666 dt 20.01 2023.
2. Attention is invited to para 3 of this office Circular No. 666 dt 20.01.2023 vide which it has been directed that payment of arrears accrued on account of revision of pension, if any, shall be made in four equal half yearly installments, however. all the family pensioners including those in receipt of Special/Liberalised Family Pension and all Gallantry award winners shall be paid arrears in one installment as stipulated earlier.
3. In pursuance to Hon’ble Court order dt 27.02.2023 w.r.t. MA No. 219/2023 in WP(C) No. 419/2016, MoD has issued directions vide MoD ID No. 4(5)/2016-D(P/L) Vol-IV dated 27.02.2023 to pay full arrear in one instalment on account of OROP revision w.e.f. 01.07.2019 to all eligible pensioners by 15th March 2023. In order to ensure timely payment of arrears may be authorised before 15th March 2023 (in one go).
4. A copy of this circular along with the Government of India, Ministry of Defence ID No. 4(5)/2016-D(P/L) Vol-IV dated 27.02.2023 are also available on the website of this Office (www.pcdapension.nic.in).
Hindi version will follow.
(Rajendra Kumar Gupta)
Asstt. Controller of Defence Accounts (P)