Missing employee – Family Pension and Gratuity to member of the family

Grant of Family Pension and Gratuity to the eligible member of the family of missing employee and pensioner

Ministry of Personnel,
Public Grievances & Pensions
23-July, 2013
Family pension is payable to the family of a Government employee or pensioner after his death. Difficulties in payment arise when a Government Servant or pensioner goes missing. Clarificatory instructions have recently been issued by the Central Government for payment of benefits in such cases.
According to these instructions, the family must lodge a report with the concerned police station and obtain a report from the police, that the employee or pensioner or family pensioner has not been traced despite all efforts made by them.
The report may be a First Information Report or any other report such as a Daily Diary or General Diary Entry.
The family can apply for the grant of family pension, amount of salary due, leave encashment due and the amount of GPF and gratuity (whatever has not already been received) to the Head of Office of the organisation where the employee or pensioner had last served, six months after lodging of police report.
The amount of salary due, leave encashment due and the amount of GPF will be paid to the family in the first instance as per the nominations made by the employee or pensioner on filling of a police report and submission of an indemnity bond.

Download Department of Pension and Pensioners’ welfare Office Memorandum F.No.1/17/2011-P&PW (E) dated 24/25th June 2013 for grant of Family pension and Gratuity to family of missing employees and Pensioners

You might also like