Jeevan Pramaan / Digital Life Certificate (DLC) – 16 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Jeevan Pramaan or Digital Life Certificate, is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners. Pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization can take benefit of this facility.
Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled Aadhaar-based Digital Life Certificate for pensioners. Jeevan Pramaan i.e DLC is generated for individual pensioner using his/her Aadhaar number and Biometrics.
For Jeevan Pramaan (DLC) the pensioner is not required to present himself/ herself personally before the Pension Disbursing Officer. DLC does not have to be submitted physically to the Pension Disbursing Agency ( Bank/Post Office etc ) as it is available to them digitally and. is automatically processed by the Pension Disbursing Agency. Also each DLC has a unique id called the Pramaan-Id.
The Pramaan lD/Jeevan Pramaan is not valid for life. The validity period of the certificate is as per rules specified by the Pension Sanctioning Authority. Once the validity period is over a new Jeevan Pramaan Certificate Le a new Pramaan Id needs to be obtained.
A pensioner whose Pension Sanctioning Authority (PSA) is onboarded on to Jeevan Pramaan is eligible for Jeevan Pramaan. List of onboarded PSA, can be found under ‘Circulars’ tab on the https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal.
You can obtain a DLC from
1. various Citizen Service Centre (CSC ) located across India
2. office of Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDA) such as Post Office, Banks, Treasury etc
3. It can also be generated from home/any location on a Windows PC/Laptop (ver 7 & above) or Android Mobile ( Kit Kat & above ), for more details click here
1. A STOC certified Biometric Device is required. (Check out this list of supported biometric devices)
2. RD Service’ of the Biometric Device being used should be installed on the PC/Laptop/ mobile.
3. The ‘Jeevan Pramaan Application’ has to be installed on your PC/mobile. It can be downloaded from the ‘Download’ tab from https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal.
4. An Internet Connection is required.
You can search nearest CSC by clicking on ‘Locate a Centre’ on https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal or alternately you can send SMS to 7738299899. The SMS body must start with keyword “JPL” and after space write your pin-code. e.g. JPL 110003 and send it to 7738299899.
The Pensioner has to provide Aadhaar Number, Name, Mobile Number and self declared Pension Related Information like PPO Number, Pension Account number, Bank details, Name of Pension Sanctioning Authority, Pension Disbursing Authority, etc. The pensioner has to also provide his/her biometrics either Iris or Fingerprint. Note : Incorrect information may lead to rejection of the DLC by the authorities.
1. Pensioner visits a CSC or office of PDA
2. He/She provides the required information to the operator. The operator feeds/enters this information into the system i.e Jeevan Pramaan Application
3. The pensioner has to then provide his/her biometrics by placing his/her finger on the finger print scanner or eye in front of the Iris scanner.
4. On successful aadhaar based biometric authentication, Jeevan Pramaan is generated with a unique id called Pramaan Id.
5. An acknowledgement message quoting the Pramaan Id is sent as an SMS to the mobile number provided by the pensioner. Note – The Jeevan Pramaan/DLC thus generated is subject to approval of the Pension Sanctioning/Disbursing Authority as provided by the pensioner.
No, You do not have to submit the DLC to the bank/post office/pension disbursing agency. The DLC is automatically available to them electronically.
Yes, once your pramaan-id is generated, you can download the Digital Life Certificate by following the link https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/ppouser/Iogin.
You need to download the DLC from the https://ieevanpramaan.gov.in portal to know the status.
Contact your Pension Disbursing Agency. Jeevan Pramaan is rejected in case wrong particulars are provided by pensioner while generating the DLC. It is recommended that a new Jeevan Pramaan i.e Pramaan-ID be generated by providing all correct information and biometrics.
Jeevan Pramaan i.e DLC is an add on facility to the already existing ways of submission of Life Certificate.
Contact nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre in your city for getting a Aadhaar Number. You can find permanent Aadhaar Enrolment Centres from UIDAI website https://appointments.uidai.gov.in
Yes, Digital Life Certificate is a valid certificate and recognized under the IT Act. The system benefits the pensioner from having to go before the Pension disbursing Authority to prove that he/she is alive.