Coverage under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, in place of NPS for recruited against the posts/vacancies advertised/notified for recruitment on or before 22.12.2003: DOP
Coverage under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, in place of National Pension System (NPS) for recruited against the posts/vacancies advertised/notified for recruitment on or before 22.12.2003: Department of Posts Order dated 09.03.2023
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi 110001
1. All Chief Postmaster General/Postmasters General
2. CGM, BD Directorate/Parcel Directorate/PLI Directorate
3. Director, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai National Postal Academy, Ghaziabad
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
5. Directors Postal Training Centres
Subject: Coverage under Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, in place of National Pension System (NPS), of those Central Government employees who were recruited against the posts/vacancies advertised/notified for recruitment, on or before 22.12.2003
The undersigned is directed to forward herewith Department of Pensions and Pension welfare OM No. 57/05/2021-P&PW (B) dated 03.03.2023 on theabove-mentioned subject.
2. It has been conveyed that in order to extend the benefit of the pension scheme under CCS (pension) rules 1972 (now 2021) to such employees whose appointment was made against the posts/vacancies advertised/notifies for recruitment prior to the date of notification for national Pension Scheme i.e. 22.12.2003, options shall be exercised by such employees before 31.08.2023.
3. It is therefore, requested to circulate the guidelines and instructions contained in the DOPPW’s OM dated 03.03.2023 to all concerned under your control and take necessary action accordingly. However, the cases of IPoS Group ‘A’ officers and other officers whose cadre Controlling Authority is in the Postal Directorate and who are covered under the instructions contained in the said OM may be forwarded alongwith options of the officers to the undersigned.
Asstt. Director General (SPG)
Encl: Coverage under CCS (Pension) Rules in place of NPS for recruited against post/vacancies advertised/notified on or before 22.12.2003: DoP&PW OM dated 03.03.2023
1. PSO to Secretary (Posts)/DGPS
2. Sr. PPS to Members Postal Services Board/Addl. DGPS
3. AS&FA/Sr. DDG(Vig.) & CVO/Sr. DDG (PAF) .
4. All DDGs/GM/Secretary (PSB)
5. GM, CEPT with a request to upload the letter in Indiapost website
6. E Office Portal Department of Posts
Source: Department of Posts