Central Government Commutation of Pension – Frequently Asked Questions Part – 1
CENTRAL GOVERNMENT COMMUTATION OF PENSION – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS UPDATED AS ON 04.11.2013 COMPILED AND ISSUED BY DEPARTMENT OF PENSION AND PENSIONERS WELFARE (PENSIONERS PORTAL)
COMMUTATION OF PENSION
G.1 How much of the pension can be commuted?
G.2 Is there any limit on commutation of pension?
G.3 Is there any restriction on commutation of pension?
G.4 Whether the family can be given the benefit of 40 per cent commutation if a pensioner dies before exercising option?
G.5 What will be the effective date of reduced pension if,
a) The applicant is drawing pension from PAO?
b) The applicant is drawing pension from a branch of Public Sector Bank?
G.6 How does the period of 15 years for restoration of commuted portion of pension reckon?
G.7 Is any authorization for restoration of commuted portion of pension after 15 years required from PAO/CPAO?
G.8 What has the pensioner to do for restoration of commuted portion of pension? From what date is it restored?
G.9 Whether restoration of commuted portion of pension is admissible to those who were absorbed permanently in autonomous bodies/PSUs and have drawn 100% lump-sum payment in lieu of pension?
G.10 What is restoration of pension and when is it due?
G.11 What is reduce/residual/residuary pension?
G.12 What would be the age to be used for commutation of additional commutable pension and which factor would be used for such additional commuted value of pension ?
G.13 From which date the reduction in pension on account of additional commutation of pension will take effect?
G.14 What will be the date of restoration of additional commutation of pension?
G.15 A person with D.O.B. on first of month retires in the previous month. What will be the value to be taken for calculation from commutation table?
G.16 If the commuted amount is paid in stages then what will be the date of restoration?
Check also following Central Government Pensioners related FAQ
- Central Government Pension Qualifying Service – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Pension Disbursement – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Extraordinary Pension – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Family Pension – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Employees Gratuity – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Pensioners Dearness Relief – Frequently Asked Questions
- Central Government Pension Procedure – Frequently Asked Questions
- New Pension Scheme (NPS) – Frequently Asked Questions
Source: Pensioners Portal