Cadre Restructuring of Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Cadres/Posts of Survey of India: Departmental Order No. W- 246 /709-Strength dated: 07-08-2023
Office of the Surveyor General of India
Hathibarkala Estate, Post Box No. 37
Dehradun – 248001 (UTTARAKHAND), INDIA
Departmental Order No. W- 246 /709-Strength Dated: 07 -08-2023
In pursuance of approval of the Cadre Restructuring of Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Cadres/Posts of Survey of India vide DST’s Order No. SM /11/01/2022 Dt. 31st July, 2023, the Group ‘B’ & ‘C’ Cadres/Posts in Survey of India are hereby restructured as under:-
1. The “Survey Assistant” in Pay Level-6 are hereby re-designated as “Surveyor” and merged with the post of Surveyor. The seniority of incumbents in the post of Surveyor will be same as that in the combined seniority list of Surveyor and Survey Assistant.
- The incumbents to the post of Plane Tabler Grade-II, Grade-III and IV will continue to be governed by CO 439 and will be granted grade promotion to Grade-IIi and Il as per the CO 439 as and when eligible. Further, on becoming eligible, the Plane Tabler Grade II will be promoted to the post of Surveyor as per the Recruitment Rules of Surveyor (to be notified subsequently).
- The existing incumbents to the post of “Works Manager’ in Pay Level-7 are hereby re-designated as “Assistant Manager” and merged with the post of Assistant Manager Pay Level-7. The existing seniority lists in the cadre of Works Manager and Assistant Manager shall be merged. The orders regarding the common seniority shall be issued subsequently.
- The Posts of ‘Assistant’ in Pay Level-6 are merged with the posts of ‘Office Superintendent’ in Pay Level-6 in Ministerial staff. The existing seniority lists in the cadre of Office Superintendent and Assistant shall be merged and common seniority list of Office Superintendent shall be prepared as below:
In the inter se-seniority list, the Office Superintendent Pay Level-6 will be placed first and then Assistant, Pay Level-6 will be placed. The Senior Office Superintendents available in GDC/Directorate/Wing will hold the charge of Section Officer.
The posts of Office Superintendents in excess of 250, occupied by present incumbents will be abolished as and when vacated due to retirement/promotion etc. of the incumbents.
- The ‘Reproduction Staff Grade II in Pay Level-S are hereby re-designated as ‘Junior Reprographer’. The incumbents in the post of Reprographic Staff Grade-III & IV will occupy the posts against the sanctioned strength of Junior Reprographer. Such incumbents will continue to be governed by CO 439 and will be granted grade promotion to Grade-III and II as per the CO 439 as and when eligible. On Grade Promotion to Grade-II they will be re-designated as Junior Reprographer.
- The posts of Store Assistant will be discontinued. The posts of Store Assistant presently occupied by the incumbents will be abolished as and when vacated due to retirement/promotion etc. of the incumbents.
- The ‘Store Keeper Grade-II in Pay Level-5 are hereby re-designated as ‘Senior Store Keeper’.
- The ‘Store Keeper Grade III in Pay Level-4 are hereby re-designated as ‘Store Keeper’. The incumbents in the post of Store Keeper Grade-IV will occupy the posts against sanctioned strength of Store Keeper. Such incumbents will continue to be governed by CO 439 and will be granted grade promotion to Grade-III as per CO 439 as and when eligible. On Grade Promotion to Grade-III they will be re-designated as Store Keeper.
- The ‘MTD-cum-Mechanic’ Special Grade/Grade-I/Grade-II/Ordinary Grade are hereby re-designated as ‘Staff Car Driver’ Special Grade/Grade-I/Grade-II/Ordinary Grade.
- The revised sanctioned strength of Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ Cadres/Posts in Survey of India as approved by the Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) are as shown in the following Table-I.
Approved Cadre Structure of Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ Cadres/Posts in Survey of India
|Sl. No.||Existing Structure||Approved by DoE|
|Grade/Post||Pay Level||No. of Posts||Grade/Post||Pay Level||No. of Posts|
|(i)||Officer Surveyor||L- 8,
(L-9 after 4 yrs)
|Officer Surveyor||L- 8,
(L-9 after 4 yrs)
|(iv)||P/Tr, ASD’Man, T.Aux, T.Comp. (Gde-IV, Ill & II)||Gr.IV (L-3)
|914||P/Tr,ASD’Man, T.Aux, T.Comp. (Gde-IV, Ill & II).||Gr.IV (L-3)
|(i)||Chief Draftsman||L-7||35||Chief Draftsman||L-7||35
|(ii)||Draftsman Div-I||L-6||300||Draftsman Div-I||L-6||138
|(iii)||Draftsman Grade. IV, III & II||Gr.IV (L-3)
|721||Draftsman Grade. IV, Ill& II||Gr.IV (L-3)
|(i)||Assistant Manager||L-7||34||Assistant Manager||L-7||12
|(ii)||Senior Reprographer||L-6||148||Senior Reprographer||L-6||70
|(iii)||Reproduction Staff Gde-II||Gr.IV (L-3)
|537||Junior Reprographer||Gr.IV (L-3)
|4.||Stores Cadre (Reproduction)|
|(i)||Store Keeper Reproduction||Gr.IV (L-3)
|5.||Isolated Posts in Printing|
|(i)||Establishment & Accounts Officer||L-7||29||Establishment & Accounts Officer||L-7||40 (+11)|
|(ii)||Office Superintendent||L-6||69||Office Superintendent||L-6||250 (-105)|
|(iv)||Upper Division Clerk (UDC)||L-4||545||Upper Division Clerk (UDC)||L-4||270 (-275)|
|(v)||Lower Division Clerk (LDC)||L-2||235||Lower Division Clerk (LDC)||L-2||100 (-135)|
|7.||Ministerial Posts (Deputation)|
|(i)||Research Assistant (Deputation)||L-6||1||Research Assistant (Deputation)||L-6||1 (0)|
|(ii)||Investigator (Deputation)||L-5||1||Investigator (Deputation)||L-5||1 (0)|
|(i)||Senior Private Secretary||L-8||1||Senior Private Secretary||L-8||3 (+2)|
|(ii)||Private Secretary||L-7||6||Private Secretary||L-7||10 (+4)|
|(iii)||Stenographer Gde.I||L-6||37||Stenographer Gde.I||L-6||14 (-23)|
|(iv)||Stenographer Gde.II||L-4||25||Stenographer Gde.II||L-4||21 (-4)|
|(i)||Assistant Stores Officer||L-6||18||Assistant Stores Officer||L-6||26 (+8)|
|(iii)||Store Keeper Gde-II||L-5||99||Senior Store Keeper||L-4||43|
|(iv)||Store Keeper Gde-IV, Ill||L-3,4||Store Keeper||L-4||50|
|(i)||Record Keeper Division-I||L-6||34||Record Keeper Division-I||L-6||17 (-17)|
|(ii)||Record Keeper Grade-II, ll & IV||L-5/4/3||111||Record Keeper Grade-II,II& IV||L-5/4/3||26 (-85)|
|11.||Official Language Cadre|
|(i)||Senior Translation Officer||L-7||5||Senior Translation Officer||L-7||11 (+6)|
|(ii)||Junior Translation Officer||L-6||20||Junior Translation Officer||L-6||25 (+5)|
|12||Motor Transport Cadre|
|(ii)||MTD-cum-Mechanic (Special Grade)||L-6||15||Staff Car Driver Special Grade/ Grade I/Grade II/Ordinary Grade||L-6/5/4/2||142 (-159)|
|(iii)||MTD-cum-Mechanlc Grade I/Grade II/Ordinary Grade||L-5/4/2||286|
|(i)||Supervisor Instrument Repair Shop||L-6||2||–||–||–|
|(iii)||Instrument Mechanic (H.S.)||L-6||9||Instrument Mechanic (H.S.)||L-4||6 (-3)|
|(iv)||Instrument Mechanic (Skilled)||L-4||15||–||–||–|
|(v)||Maintenance Staff Div.II||L-5||49||Maintenance Staff Div.II||L-5||4 (-45)|
|(i)||Security Supervisor||L-5||8||Security Supervisor||L-5||3 (-5)|
|(ii)||Asstt. Security supervisor||L-4||4||Asstt. Security Supervisor||L-4||–|
|(II)||Assistant Fire Superintendent||L-4||3||Assistant Fire Superintendent||L-4||3 (0)|
|(iii)||Fire Engine Driver||L-2||16||Fire Engine Driver||L-2||3 (-13)|
|(iv)||Leading Hand Fireman||L-3||9||Leading Hand Fireman||L-3||2 (-7)|
|(v)||Fireman Gde-1 & II||L-2||52||Fireman||L-2||4 (-48)|
|(iii)||Sales Man||L-2||3||Sales Man||L-2||3 (-28)|
|(iv)||Counter Clerk||L-2||20||Counter Clerk||L-2|
|(v)||Coupon Clerk||L-2||8||Coupon Clerk||L-2|
|(Ix)||Tea-Coffee Maker (Canteen)||L-1||12||–||–||–|
|(x)||Wash Boy (Canteen)||L l||11||–||–||–|
|(iii)||Female Attendant||L-1||3||Female Attendant||L-1||2 (-1)|
|(iv)||Dresser l||L-1||3||Dresser||L-1||2 (-1)|
|(i)||Senior Library & Information Assistant||L-6||5||Senior Library & Information Assistant||L-6||3 (-2)|
|(ii)||Library & Information Assistant||L-6||2||Library & Information Assistant||L-6||2 (0)|
|(i)||Asstt. Programmer/ System Analyst||L-6||2||–||–||–|
|(iii)||Assistant Head Engraver||L-6||1||–||–||–|
|(i)||Multi Tasking Staff||L-1||2600 (+1212)||Multi Tasking Staff||L-1||985 (-2158)|
|GRAND TOTAL||10796||3982 (-6814)|
- The posts which have been proposed to be abolished, however currently are being occupied, will be abolished in due course when vacated by the incumbent and when no incumbents are available in feeder post for promotion.
- The revised distribution of approved sanctioned strength of Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ Posts of Survey of India is attached as Table-II in Annexure-I as per the existing organizational structure.
This has the approval of the Competent Authority.
Encl: As above.
Deputy Surveyor General
For Surveyor General of India