Revision of Guidelines on Cancer Treatment under CGHS
Revision of Guidelines on Cancer Treatment under CGHS in modification of earlier OM dated 02.09.2008
An OM issued by Ministry of Health and Social Welfare regarding Cancer Treatment and the State wise Authorised Hospitals
No.1-1/13/Hospital Cell/R&H/CGHS (Pt.l)/CGHS (P)
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhavan, Maulana Azad Road
New Delhi- 110 108
Dated : the 23rd February, 2015
Subject:- Cancer Treatment under CGHS/CS(MA) Rules, 1944.
With reference to the above mentioned subject the undersigned is directed to draw attention to the Office Memorandum of even number dated 2nd September, 2008 and to state that in view of empanelment of several Cancer hospitals under CGHS the matter was re-examined, and it has now been decided to modify the Office Memorandum as follows:
i) CGHS beneficiaries and beneficiaries covered under CS(MA) Rules, 1944 shall be permitted to get themselves treated from any of the under mentioned 27 (Twenty seven) hospitals recognized by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare under the National Cancer Control Programmes that are funded by the Government of India, subject to the condition that the reimbursement will be as per the rates fixed in the Regional Cancer Centers under Central Government, if any or as per actual, whichever may be less.
- Andhra Pradesh – M.N.J. Institute of Oncology & Regional Cancer Centre, Hyderabad.
- Assam – Dr. B. Borooah Cancer Institute, Guwahati.
- Bihar – Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna
- Chandigarh – Post Graduate Institute Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh.
- Chhattisgarh – Pt J.J.N Medical College & Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Memorial Hospital, Raipur.
- Delhi – Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, AllMS, New Delhi.
- Gujarat- Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Haryana – Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak.
- Himachal Pradesh- Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla.
- Jammu & Kashmir – Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Srinagar.
- Jammu & Kashmir- Government Medical College – Jammu.
- Karnataka – Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore.
- Kerala – Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Madhya Pradesh- Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Gwalior.
- Maharashtra – Rashtrasant Tukdoji Regional Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, Nagpur.
- Maharashtra -Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Manipur- Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal.
- Mizoram – Civil Hospital, Aizwal.
- Odisha – Acharya Harihar Regional Cancer Centre, Cuttack.
- Puducherry – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research.
- Rajasthan – Acharya Tulsi Regional Cancer Treatment & Research
- Tamil Nadu – Govt. Arignar Anna Memorial Cancer Research
Institute & Hospital, Kancheepuram.
- Tamil Nadu – Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai.
- Tripura – Civil Hospital, Agartala.
- Uttar Pradesh – Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
- Uttar Pradesh – Kamla Nehru Memorial Hospital, Allahabad.
- West Bengal – Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata.
ii) In cities where there are no facilities for cancer treatment in any of the empanelled private hospitals powers are hereby delegated to the Addl. Directors of CGHS of the concerned cities in respect of CGHS and to HOD/ Head of Office in respect of serving employees covered under CS(MA) Rules, 1944 for grant of permission for undergoing treatment at any hospital that provides treatment to cancer patients, subject to the condition that the reimbursement shall be limited to the prevalent CGHS rates or actual expenditure – whichever may be lower. Permission shall however be granted for the specific treatment procedures as advised by a Government specialist.
iii) Powers are also hereby delegated to the Additional Directors of CGHS of the concerned cities in respect of CGHS and to HOD/ Head of Office in respect of serving employees covered under CS(MA) Rules, 1944 for grant of permission for post-operative follow up treatment from the same centre, where permission has been granted earlier for Cancer treatment as per the terms and conditions of OM dated 10.04.2001 regarding Post-operative follow up treatment.
2. These orders shall be in force till further orders.
3. This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Division vide CD No. 115650 /2015 dated 15-01-2015.
UNDER SECRETARY TO THE GOVT. OF INDIA