Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID -19 till 31st Dec 2020
Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID -19 till 31st December 2020 – CGHS OM dated 30.09.2020
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 30th September, 2020.
Sub: Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19- till 31st December 2020- regarding
In view of the Corona Virus Disease(COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In this regard the undersigned is directed to draw attention is the OM of even number dated 27.03.2020, 29.04.2020, 29.05.2020 and 24th August 2020 vide which an option has been provided to CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases, to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 30th September 2020, irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. However, several representations are received in the Ministry seeking extension of the period in view of the continued ‘Lock Down’.
3. The matter has been reviewed by the Ministry and it is now decided, in continuation of the earlier OM on the subject , that CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases shall be permitted to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 31st December 2020 on the same conditions as per the earlier OM dated 27.03.2020. It is also clarified that the CGHS Wellness Centres are functional and CGHS beneficiaries also have the option to collect medicines through CGHS Wellness Centres as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market.
4. Issued with the approval of Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW vide CD No 1558 dated 30.09.2020.
(Dr. Sanjay Jain )
- All Ministries / Departments, Government of India
- Director, CGHS, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
- Estt.I/ Estt.II/ Estt.III/ Estt.IV Sections, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- Admn.I/Admn.II Sections of Dte.GHS
- Addl. Director, CGHS(HQ) / Addl. DDG(HQ) /Addl. Directors of CGHS Cities/Zones
- Rajya Sabha / Lok Sabha Secretariat
- Registrar, Supreme Court of India /Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh
- Under Secretary, U.P.S.C.
- Under Secretary Finance Division
- Deputy Secretary (Civil Service News), Department of Personnel & Training, 5th Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, New Delhi.
- PPS to Secretary (H&FW), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- PPS to AS&MD, NRHM / AS (H) /DGHS.
- PPS to JS(AS), MoHFW
- Secretary, Staff Side, 13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi
- All Staff Side Members of National Council (JCM) (as per list attached)
- Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, 10 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
- All Offices / Sections / Desks in the Ministry
- UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited, UTI-ITSL Tower, Plot No3 Sector – 11, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai-400614
- Nodal Officer, MCTC, CGHS with a request to upload a copy of OM on CGHS Web-site
- Office Order folder
- Copy for information to
Also check: COVID-19: Follow-up Protocol and Immunity promoting AYUSH Medicines
- PS to Hon’ble HFM
- PS to Hon’ble MoS
Also check the following links related to this topic: