Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 till 31st October 2021: CGHS OM dated 10.08.2021
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Directorate General of CGHS
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 10th August, 2021
Sub: Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19- till 31st July 2021- regarding
In view of the Corona Virus Disease(COVID-19), all out efforts are made by the Government to contain its impact by instituting measures at community as well as at individual level.
2. In this regard the undersigned is directed to draw attention is the OM of even number dated 27.03.2020, 29.04.2020, 29.05.2020, 24th August 2020, 30th September 2020, 29.12.2020 and 15.04.2021 vide which an option has been provided to CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases, to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/CGHS Specialists /other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 31st July 2021, irrespective of Non-Availability certificate from CGHS or otherwise. However, several representations are received in the Ministry seeking extension of the period in view of the COVID-19 Pandemic and resurgence of active cases.
3. The matter has been reviewed by the Ministry and it is now decided, in continuation of the earlier OM on the subject, that CGHS beneficiaries getting medicines for Chronic diseases shall be permitted to purchase medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by CGHS Medical Officers/CGHS Specialists other Govt. Specialists/ Specialist of empanelled hospital) till 31st October, 2021 on the same conditions as per the earlier OM dated 27.03.2020. It is also clarified that the CGHS Wellness Centres are functional and CGHS beneficiaries also have the option to collect medicines through CGHS Wellness Centres as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market.
4. Issued with the approval of Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW vide CD No.1018 dated 10.08.2021.
(Dr. Sanjay Jain )
- All Ministries / Departments, Government of India
- Estt.I/Estt.II/Estt.III/Estt.IV Sections, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Also check the following links related to this topic: