Guidelines for issue of Oxygen Concentrator for Post COVID patients: CGHS OM dated 01.03.2021
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: 01st March, 2021
Subject: Guidelines for issue of Oxygen Concentrator for Post COVID patients.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the OM No. S.1 1011/4/2014-CGHS (P) dated 05.03.2014 in which the procedure for grant of permission /post facto approval and reimbursement of the cost of CPAP/BIPAP/Oxygen concentrator etc. were prescribed and OM No.1-19/2018/CGHS (HQ)/R&H/EHS dated 03.06.2019, wherein the rates for the abovementioned Respiratory appliances were revised.
2. In view of absence of any laid down guideline/criteria for use Oxygen Concentrator in domiciliary settings by Covid-19 patients discharged from hospital, it has been decided that in addition to the existing guidelines for prescribing Oxygen concentrator, domiciliary Oxygen therapy (including use of Oxygen Concentrator) may be prescribed by the treating physician to a COVID-19 patient on discharge after ABG (Arterial Blood Gas) estimation in room air with the finding of arterial PO2 at or below 55 mm Hg or arterial oxygen saturation at or below 88% taken at rest.
3. Other terms and conditions and rates in the above mentioned OMs remain unchanged.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
1. All Ministries/Departments, Government of India,
2. Director, CGHS, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
3. Addl. DDG(HQ), CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
4. AD(HQ), CGHS, R.K. Puram, Sec-12, New Delhi.
5. All Addl. Directors/Joint Directors of CGHS cities outside Delhi.
6. Additional Director(SZ)(CZ)KEZ)/NZ)(MSD), MCTC CGHS, New Delhi.
7.JD(HQ), JD(Grievance)/AD(R&H), CGHS, Delhi.
8. DDG(M), CMO(SRA), Dte. GHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
9. Rajya Sabha/Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi.
10. Registrar, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi.
11. U.P.S.C., Dholpur House, New Delhi