Opening NPS account using Aadhaar – PFRDA Instructions
PFRDA Circular clarifying Submission of physical application form in case of NPS account being opened on Aadhaar verification followed by e-Signature
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority has issued a circular regarding Dispensing the requirement of submission of physical application form in case of NPS account being opened on Aadhaar verification followed by e-Signature.
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
B-14/A, Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhawan
Qutab Institutional Area
Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi-110016
Website : www.pfrda.org.in
15 December 2016
All Stakeholders in the National Pension System
Subject: Dispensing with the requirement of submission of physical application form in case of NPS account being opened on Aadhaar verification followed by e-Signature
1. PFRDA vide circular no. PFRDA/2013/18/PDEX/11 dated 24th October 2013 has allowed acceptance of e-KYC as a valid process for KYC verification in addition to the other allowed valid documents of Identity and address for KYC verification.
2 The Electronic Signature or Electronic Authentication Technique and Procedure Rules, 2015 has been notified on 27th January 2015. As per the rule the Electronic Signatures facilitated through eSign -Online Electronic Signature Service is legally valid provided the eSign signature framework is operated under the provisions of Second Schedule of the Information Technology Act and Guidelines issued by the Controller of Certifying Authorities. E-authentication technique using Aadhhar e-KYC services is legally valid authentication.
3. It has now been decided by PFRDA that in case the POPs integrate the eSign-online electronic signature service, within their applications for online account opening for NPS, the requirement of sending the physical application form to the Central Recordkeeping Agency by the subscribers/Points-of Presence shall be dispensed with.
4. The Points-of-Presence shall be allowed to charge a maximum of Rs. 5/- plus service tax and cess thereon per application for the e-Signature service being provided to the subscribers.
5. In case of account opened through eKYC, the Points of presence will send the soft copy of the application form (along with the supporting documents, if any) to the Central Record keeping Agency.
6. The Points-of-Presence shall adhere to the requirement of submission of KYC details of the subscribers to CERSAI
7. With the application of the eSign facility, a large number of the subscribers having Aadhaar number will be able to open NPS account without any physical document requirement.
This is being issued in the interest of the subscribers under National Pension System.
Deputy General Manager