Eligibility of Person with Disabilities (PwD) candidates to appear in LDCE for Inspector Posts – Department of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110 001
Dated: 18th October, 2019
1. All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
2. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
3. Director, RAKNPA I GM, CEPT I Directors of all PTCs
4. Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
5. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Subject: Eligibility of Person with Disabilities (PwD) candidates to appear in LDCE for Inspector Posts.
I am directed to refer to above mentioned subject and to say that vide Department’s O.M. no. 12-10/2017-SCT dated 01st April, 2019, post of Inspector Posts has been identified suitable for Persons with following benchmark disabilities
Low Vision (LV,), Hard of hearing (HH), One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL), One Ann and One Leg (OAOL), Lep1·osy cured, Dwarfism, Acid attack victim. Multiple disabilities from amongst disabilities mentioned above.
2. Prior to identification of Inspector Posts suitable for PwD, such candidates were not allowed to appear in the LDCE for Inspector Posts. However, with identification of Inspector Posts suitable for PwDs, it has been decided to allow PwD candidates with identified disabilities to appear in LDCE for Inspector Posts. However, It may be noted that at present reservation is not available to PwD candidate for promotion to higher level posts.
3. This may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
Assistant Director General (SPN)
- Sr.PPS to Secretary (Posts) I Sr.PPS to Director General Postal Services
- PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/ Member (Banking)/ Member (0)/ Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/ Member (Tech)
- Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO I Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
- Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
- ADG(DE) , Dak Bhawan for information
- GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website.
- Guard File
- Spare copies.