E- nomination important for Employees Provident Fund: Steps to submit EPS/EPF nomination digitally
Ministry of Labour & Employment
E- nomination important for Employees Provident Fund
Posted On: 01 SEP 2021 2:42PM by PIB Mumbai
Goa, 1 September 2021
Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, many cases have been observed where the dependents of the PF account holder had to encounter problems in the claim settlement process due to the non-filing of nomination in the respective accounts.
It is important to note that, giving a nomination is utmost important for any saving scheme. Earlier PF Account holders had to fill a hard copy of Form-2 and submit to their respective PF Offices but under Digital India Programme, the PF account holder can update the nomination sitting at home in just a few minutes.
To ensure this in future, because of the unfortunate death of any PF member their dependents should not face any problem in the process of Claim Settlement and for ensuring this, EPFO Regional Office Goa under the guidance of Regional PF commissioner-Mr. Ashwini Kumar Gupta has started EPF and EPS ( Employee Pension Scheme) nomination campaign.
By virtue of the presence of nomination in the PF account, the amount goes to the nominee chosen by him/her earlier without any difficulty past his/her unfortunate death.
Steps through one can submit EPS/EPF nomination digitally :-
- Visit EPFO website>> Services>> For Employees>> Click “Member UAN/Online Services’.
- Login with ‘UAN and password’.
- Select ‘E-Nomination’ under “Manage Tab’.
- ‘Provide Details’ Tab will appear on screen. Click ‘Save’.
- Click ‘Yes’ to update the family declaration.
- Click ‘Add family details’. ( More than one nominee can be added)
- Click ‘ Nomination Details’ to declare the total amount of share. Click “Save EPF Nomination’.
- Click ‘E-sign’ to generate OTP. Submit ‘OTP’ sent on a mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
E-nomination is now registered with EPFO. After e-nomination, no further physical documents required for filing nomination.
* * *