Outstanding grievance more than 30 days under CPGRAMS portals: CGDA Circular dated 25.08.2022
Controller of Defence Accounts
Rajendra Path, Patna – 800019
The officer in charge
1. All sub offices under CDA Patna
2. All Sections of Main Office
Sub:- Outstanding grievance more than 30 days under CPGRAMS portals.
A copy of Hars Office letter No. AN/Grievance/CPGRAMS/Reminders/2022 dated 22.08.2022 on the above subject matter is forwarded herewith for information, guidance and strict compliance.
Further, it is requested to examine all the grievances outstanding at your end and all efforts may be taken for redressal within 30 days.
(Ashish Kumar Verma)
Dy. CDA (AN)
Controller General of Defence Accounts,
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt.- 110010
The Grievance Officer
O/o the PCsDA/CsDA
Subject:- Outstanding grievances more than 30 days under CPGRAMS portals.
Of late it is observed that the huge numbers of grievances are lying pending on CPGRAMS portals for more than 30 days.
2. In this connection the attention of all the Grievance Officers are invited towards Para 2(A)(i) of DARPG OM F.No. S-15/212021-O/o DS(PG)-DARPG(7085) dated 27/07/2022 (copy enclosed) which states that the grievances received on CPGRAMS should be resolved promptly as soon as they are received but within maximum period of 30 days.
3. In view of the above all the Grievance Officers are requested to examine all the grievances outstanding under their organization & all out efforts may be taken for redressal within 30 days. In case redressal is not possible within the prescribed time frame due to the circumstances such as sub-juidice matters/policy issues etc., an interim /appropriate reply shall be given to the citizen.
4. Your co-operation is highly solicited.
Jt. CGDA/Public Grievance Officer