7th Pay Commission Pay to be fixed after pay fixation on account of promotion – Clarification
7th Pay Commission Pay to be fixed after pay fixation on account of promotion – Pay is first to be fixed on account of promotion/up-gradation in pre-revised and thereafter be revised under RP Rules 2016
7th Pay Commission Pay to be fixed after pay fixation on account of promotion – PDCA circular
No PT/3988/7th CFC/2017
O/O the PCDA(CC)
1. The Area Accounts Office,
2. All The Ao GE(MES),
Sub: Representation of Defence Civilian Employees Federation regarding misinterpretation of RPR-2616, leading to incorrect pay fixation of employees.
The copy of HQ office letter no AT/II/2703/Comp dt 19/July/2017 regarding clarification of the fixation of pay under RPR-2016 is forwarded herewith for implementation in the cases whereever applicable.
Office of the Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt-110010
Dated: 19 July 2017
The PCDA (CC)
Subject: Representation of Defence Civilian Employees Federations regarding misinterpretation of RPR 2016 leading to incorrect pay fixation of employees.
Reference: HQrs Office letter No AT/II/2701/Orders dated 05-01-2017.
As per HQrs Office above cited letter a copy of MoD/D (Civ-I) ID No 11 (6)/2016-D (Civ-I) dated 07-12-2016 along with three illustrations about the manner of pay fixation referred by MOD/D (Civ-I) to MOD (Fin)/MoF were forwarded to your office. As instructed by MoD/D (Civ-I), your office was advised to await for the clarification from MOD (Fin)/MoF in respect of the three pay fixation cases/ illustrations enclosed with MoD/D (Civ-I) 1D dated 07-12-2016.
2. In this regard, a copy of MoD (Fin) ID No 12012/2/2016/AG/PB dated 21-03-2017 received under MOD/D (Civ-I) ID No 11 (06)/2016-D (Civ-I) dated 23-06-2017 is forwarded herewith, wherein MoD (Fin) has concurred the views of this office conveyed earlier to PCDA (WC) Chandigarh vide this office letter No AT/II/2703/Comp dated 30-11-2016.
3. The issue may be regulated accordingly.
Jt CGDA (P&W )
Reference note on page no. 1/ante recorded by MoD/D(Civ.l) on their File No.11(06)/2016-D(Civ.I).
2. The issue of alleged misinterpretation of CCS(RP) Rules, 2016 has been considered in this Division and thereafter, views of O/o CGDA has also been obtained.
3. O/o CGDA vide their ID note No. AT/II/2703/Comp dated 02.02.2017 (copy place at 4-A) has stated that they had already examined the issue on receipt of a reference from 505 Army Base Workshop and it was inferred that in case the employees have opted to get their pay revised under RPR on the date of grant of promotion/up-gradation (between 01.01.2016 and the date of notification of RPR 2016) as per proviso 2 of Rule 2016, his pay is first to be fixed on account of his promotion/up-gradation in the existing pay structure and thereafter his pay be revised under RPR 2016. In this regard, O/o CGDA vide their office letter No. AT/II/2703/Comp dated 30.11.2016 (copy placed at 4-B) have already advised PCDA (WC) Chandigarh to guide LAO 505 ABWS accordingly. Therefore, the matter need not be referred to MoF (DoE), at present.
4. In view of above, MoD/D(Civ.I) is advised to ascertain the current status on the issue.
5. This issues with the approval of Addl. FA(RK) & JS.
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Defence
Subject: Representation of Defence Civilian Employees’ Federations regarding misinterpretation of RPR 2016 leading to incorrect pay fixation
Please refer our ID of even no. dated 07.12.2016 on the subject mentioned above.
2. It is stated that the matter was referred to MoD(Finance) for their advice/clarification. The same has been obtained vide their UO Note dated 21.03.2017 (copy enclosed). It is requested to refer the same and resolve the issue accordingly.
Telefax 2301 2414
Encl: As above
CGDA, Ulan Batar Marg, Delhi Cantt.
Dir.(Personnel), DGEME, Dalhousie Road, New Delhi
MoD ID No. 11(O6)/2016-D(Civ I) dated 23.06.2017
Office of the Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Carin-110010
No. AT/II/2703/ Comp
Dated: 30 Nov 2016
The PCDA (we)
Subject: Pay fixation of employees who got financial upgradation on 01-01-2016 and exercised option as such under Rule 5 of CCS (RP) Rules 2016.
Please find enclosed a copy of 505 Army Base Workshop letter No. 50631/PF/Est (Ind) dated 18-10-2016 addressed to HQrs Office along with a copy of LAO 505 ABWS Delhi Cantt letter No L/WS/110/PF dated 29-09-2016 addressed to 505 Army Base Workshop on the above subject. It may be seen there from that LAO 505 ABWS has returned the pay fixation cases in respect of those employees of 505 ABW who got financial upgradation on 01-01-2016 and exercised option to get their pay revised under RPR 2016 on the date of their upgradation under Rule 5 of CCS (RP) Rules 2016 ; LAO 505 ABW has viewed that on 01-01-2016 the pay of these employees should first be revised as per RPR 2016 and then fixed as per Rule 13 of RPR 2016 on account of their upgradation.
2. In the above context, it is viewed that in case the employees have opted to get their pay revised under RPR on the date of grant of promotion/ upgradation (between 01-01-2016 and the date of notification of RPR 2016) as per proviso 2 of Rule 5 of RPR 2016, his pay is first to be fixed on account of his promotion/upgradation in the existing pay structure and thereafter his pay be revised under RPR 2016.
3. The issue may be looked into and LAO 505 ABWS Delhi Cantt may be guided accordingly under intimation to HQrs Office
Jt CGDA (P&W) has seen.
(V K Purohlt)
Sr Ao (AT-II)