Updation of Name, Gender and Date of Birth in Aadhaar
Updation of Name, Gender and Date of Birth in Aadhaar – modification of process – UIDAI, Circular dated 14.10.2019
P. No. 4(4)/57/159/2016-E&U
Government of India
Ministry of Electronics & IT
Unique Identification Authority of India
(Enrolment & Update Division)
7th Floor, UIDAI Headquarters,
Bangla Shahib Road, Behind Kali Mandir,
Gale Market, New Delhi-110001.
Dated 14th October, 2019.
Updation of Name Gender and Date of Birth in Aadhaar – modification of process- reg.
Ref: 1) OM No. 4(4)/57/159/2016-F,86U dated 24.09.2018.
2) OM No. 4(4)/57/159/2016-E86U dated 07.02.2019.
3) OM No. 4(4)/57/159/2016-E&U dated 01.04.2019.
Vide Office Memorandums referred above limits on, number of updates in Name, Gender and Date of Birth were prescribed that are in:-
- Name : Twice in Life time
- Gender : Once in life time
- Date of Birth: Once in life time subject to condition that present status of DoB is declared/ approximate.
- The above referred OM at Sr. No. 3 also provides exception handling process for the cases requiring updation of Name, Gender or Date of Birth more than the prescribed limit.
- Considering the analysis of exception cases of DoB handled by Regional Offices, it has been decided that update in DoB shall be allowed once in life time irrespective of present status whether the same is verified or declared or approximate.
- All other terms and conditions including exception handling process shall remain same.
- This issues with the approval of CEO, UIDAI.