Vaccination of frontline staff of Railway Department on first priority to fight the Covid-19 pandemic infection – NFIR Writes to Railway Board
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Vaccination of frontline staff of Railway Department on first priority-reg.
Pursuant to the directives of the Government of India, frontline staff of all Departments are to be vaccinated in the first phase on priority to fight the Covid-19 pandemic infection. In this connection, NFIR places below the list of frontline staff on Indian Railways who should be considered for vaccination in the first phase:-
• All Railway Doctors (including those working on contract and specialists).
• All Nursing Personnel (Nursing Superintendent, Senior Nursing Superintendent & Chief Nursing Superintendent), Nursing Officers.
• All Pharmacists including Pharmacy Officer.
• All Physiotherapists and the Physiotherapy Officers.
• All Dieticians, Dental Staff.
• All Staff working in the Hospital Laboratories.
• All Technicians including Radiographers, Cardiac, ECG, OT Assistants, Lab Attendants etc., working in Railway Hospitals/Health Units
• All Health & Malaria Inspectors.
• All Ministerial Staff working in Railway Hospitals/Health Units.
• Extension Educator
• All Staff Working in Hospital Kitchens (Cooks/Halwai/Kitchen Manager/Store Keeper)
• All Hospital Attendants, Safaiwalas & Safaiwalis.
• All Security Personnel in the Railway Hospitals.
Running Staff (Loco & Traffic):
• All Loco Pilots including ALP and those performing Shunting Operations. • All Train Guards.
• All Loco Inspectors/Crew Controllers/Power Controllers etc.,
• All Staff working in the Running Rooms of Loco Pilots, Guards & Crew Lobbies.
• All Station Masters including ASMs
• All Traffic Inspectors.
• All Section Controllers, Chief Controllers etc
• All Staff Working in Yards
• All Pointsmen/Cabinmen
• All Shunting including Shuntman, Shunting Porter etc
• All Ticket Checking Staff including those working at Railway Stations and in Trains
• All Commercial Inspectors
• All Staff dealing with Train Reservation, Goods & Brake Van loading (Goods clerks, Parcel Clerks, Reservation Clerks and Supervisors etc., )
• Luggage Porter, Commercial Porter and other Commercial Staff in Pay Level 1/2
• All SSEs/JEs working in Mechanical, Electrical, S&T, Civil Engineering, Store Departments in Open Line, workshop and at Railway Stations and other Units.
• All Technicians including Artisans working in Mechanical, Electrical, S&T, civil engineering Departments in Open Line, Workshop and at Railway Stations and other Units.
• All Scientific Staff (CMS, CMA etc)
• All Track Maintainers, Gatemen & Gate Keepers
• All Helpers working in Mechanical, Electrical, S&T, Civil Engineering, Store Departments in Open Line, Workshop and at Railway Stations and other Units.
• All Staff working in Diesel/Electric Loco/EMU Sheds.