Running Allowance – Minimum Guaranteed Kilometerage (MGK) to running staff
Running Allowance – Minimum Guaranteed Kilometerage (MGK) to running staff – Inclusion of some new short sections for MGK and Coal/Industrial trip for Trip Allowance
East Coast Railway
Office of the Principal Chief Personnel Officer
Rail Sadan, IInd floor, Bhubaneswar – 751017
Estt. Srl.No. 79/2020
Sub: Running Allowance – Minimum Guaranteed Kilometerage (MGK) to running staff.
A copy of this Office Memorandum No.ECoR/Pens/R/Running Allowance/21 Dated 13.07.2020 on the above quoted subject is forwarded herewith for information, guidance and necessary action.
Chairman RRC & Dy.CPO(IR&W)
For Principal Chief Personnel Officer
East Coast Railway
Office of the
Principal Chief Personnel Officer
Rail Sadan, IInd Floor,
Bhubaneswar – 751017
Short sections for Minimum Guaranteed Kilometerage (MGK) and Industrial Coal Pilots for Trip Allowances has been identified vide this office Memorandum No. ECor/Pers/R/Running Allowance/21 dated 05.11.2015 and vide Amendment-I dated 27.07.2016, Addendum-2 dated 11.04.2017. Addendum-3 dated 21.11.2018 and Addendum-4 dated 01.03.2019.
The present system of mileage payment is reviewed for the following reasons:
1. To rectify the defects/anomalies in previous Memorandum.
2. To implement the standard rules/instructions all over ECoR.
3. To accommodate new siding. change in layout as well as changes in pattern of working.
4. To revisit the issued periodically.
In view of the above, the 03 Divisions have reviewed their system for payment of mileage and the divisional review committees have recommended for inclusion of some new short sections for MGK and Coal/Industrial trip for Trip Allowance and also recommended for de-notification of some exiting short sections and Coal/Industrial Pilots. Taking in account all the recommendations from the Divisions a consolidated Memorandum is issue for granting MGK and Trip Allowance to running staff. This Memorandum supersedes all earlier Memorandums issued on the subject matter.
1. Pilot will be eligible to draw the bonus Kilometerage if he completes the trip within target hours.
2. Running staff will earn permissible mileage for the distance covered by him resuming the trip jurisdiction and after completing the trip jurisdiction.
3. For the purpose of drawing trip Kilometerage, the Running staff should perform the trip completely in both the directions.
4. Similarly for drawing Minimum Guaranteed Kilometerage. the Running staff should cover the entire section identified for MGK.
5. Shuttling booking is issued for any section as per requirement of traffic and this is not specified section-wise.
5.1 Within 10 hours of shuttling, Running staff should work as many trains as possible.
6. Running staff is eligible to draw more than one Trip Allowance to the staff completes more than one trip per one booking.
For the purpose of fixing Trip Targets for various sidings, the normal patterns of working are specified in the following manner:
Only placement In which rake is placed & Running Staff comes back in light Engine is denoted as “A.
Only withdrawal- In which Running Staff goes to the siding in light engine and bring back is denoted as ‘B’.
Placement as well as withdrawal- In which Running Staff goes to the siding with a rake and comes back with a rake as denoted as ‘C‘.
EOL- In which pattern ‘C’ is followed under EOL operations is denoted as ‘D‘.
Also check the following links related to this topic: