Additional reimbursement allowed to the single handicapped Government servants for an escort accompanying them on the journeys under the LTC scheme – OM dated 09.07.1991
F. No. 31011/4/1991-Estt.(A)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Dated: July 09, 1991.
Subject: Allowing LTC facility for an escort accompanying single handicapped Government servants.
The undersigned, is directed to my that the Staff Side in National Council (JCM) had proposed that additional reimbursement may be allowed to the single-handicapped Government servants for an escort accompanying them on the journeys under the LTC scheme. The Matter has been carefully considered and it has been decided that LTC facility could, be allowed for an escort who accompanies a handicapped Government servant on the journey subject to the following conditions:
1. Prior approval of the Head of the Department concerned is obtained on each occasion.
2. The nature of physical disability of the Government servant is such as to necessitate an escort for the journey. In case of doubt, the decision of the Head of the Department will be final.
3. The physically handicapped Government servant does not have an adult family member.
4. The Government servant and the escort avail of the concession if any, in the rail/bus Fare as might be extended by Railways/ State Roadways authorities in such cases.
5. Any other person who is entitled to LTC does not accompany the handicapped Government servant on the journey.
2. Ministries and Departments are requested to bring the above decision to the notice of all concerned.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India