Closed Holidays for the year 2020 – DOPT Clarification on Date for Dusshera
DOPT Clarification on Date for Dusshera – Restricted Holiday on 26/10/2020 (Monday) for Dussehra (Vijay Dashmi) can be celebrated by the Central Government Offices
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 20th December, 2019
Subject: Closed Holidays for the year 2020 — Date for Dusshera regarding.
In continuation of this Department’s OM of even number dated 18-6-2019 circulating therewith List of holidays for the year 2020, the undersigned is directed to state that some Central Government Employees Coordination Committees located in different States have sent representations for change in the date of Dusshera (Vijaya Dasami) holiday on 26-10-2020 (Monday) instead of 25-10-2020 (Sunday) in their States.
2. It is hereby informed that the decision of CGEWCCs located in different States, to declare Dussehra as closed holiday for the Central Govt. Offices on 26-10-2020 (Monday), is not in accordance with the holiday policy of the Government of India. However, Restricted Holiday on 26-10-2020 (Monday) for Dussehra (Vijay Dashmi) can be celebrated by the Central Government Offices, as specifically mentioned in DoPT’s OM No.12/1/2019/JCA 2 dated 18.06.2019, at para 3.1 that “no change of dates is permissible in regard to festivals and dates indicated”.
3. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. Of India
- All Ministries/ Departments of Government of India.
- UPSC/CVC/C&AG/PMO/Lok Sabha Secretariat/Rajya Sabha Secretariat / President’s Secretariat / Vice-President’s Secretariat / Supreme Court / High Court of the States / Central Administrative Tribunal Principal Bench / Election Commission of India / Minorities Commission / National Human Rights Commission / Central Information Commission/National Commission for Women/National Commission for SC/NCST/NCBC.
- All attached and subordinate offices of Ministry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions.
- Secretary, Staff Side, National Council (JCM), 13-C, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi.
- All Staff Side Members of the National Council (JCM).
- All Staff Side Members of the Departmental Council (JCM),Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions.
- Chairman/Secretaries, Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committees (As per updated list from Welfare Section).
- PS to Cabinet Secretary.
- Deputy Secretary (Coordination), Delhi Govt. Secretariat, I.G. Stadium, I.T.O., New Delhi.
- The Manager (Store), Government of India, Forms Store, 166 Lenin Saral, Kolkata
Also check the following links related to this topic: