Clarifications on operation of PM CARES for Children Scheme, 2021 and circulation of provisional Accounting Procedure: DOP Order dated 22.11.2021
SB Order No 33/2021
File No. FS-13/4/2021-FS-DOP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
All Head of Circles / Regions
Subject: Clarifications on operation of PM CARES for Children Scheme, 2021 and circulation of provisional Accounting Procedure for ‘PM CARES for Children Scheme-2021– Regarding.
Reference: SB Order No. 33/2021 dated 29.10.2021.
Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu Circles have sought for clarifications on obtaining of KYC documents of District Magistrates (DM) and creation of CIF of DMs in Finacle CBS. In this connection, the following instructions / clarifications are issued for smooth operation of PM CARES for Children Scheme.
(i). As per Rule 3(3) of PM CARES for Children Scheme 2021 notified in Gazette Notification No. G.S.R. 723(E) dated 06.10.2021, for opening of account, the application Form – 1 shall be accompanied with the documents of the eligible beneficiary, as specified by the concerned authority, under the scheme guidelines. Further, DM is a Public Authority and hence, no KYC documents of DM shall be obtained.
(ii). But, the mobile number is mandatory for opening of account. Hence, the Post Offices shall request the DMs to provide a valid Mobile Number in Form – 1 along with the details of Joint Account Holder in Sl. No. 3 of Form – I.
(iii). In connection with the creation of CIF for DMs in Finacle using CCRC menu, required information of DMs for creation of CIF in Finacle may not be available. In such cases, the post offices shall fill the mandatory fields only, with the following information.
|Mandatory Fields||Value that can be given|
|Last name||DISTRICT MAGISTRATE XXX*
(XXX* – District Name)
|Fathers Name/Husband Name||DISTRICT MAGISTRATE|
|Tax Status||NO PAN CARD|
|Date of Birth||01/07/1960|
|KYC Status||– N – Documents not submitted|
|Phone Type – Mobile||Valid Mobile Number provided by DM|
|Tax Deducted at Source||NOTAX|
(iv). In para 2 of the Annexure B of SB Order No. 33/2021 dated 28.10.2021 it is stated that the DM will submit the forms for opening of Basic Savings account at the designated post office at the district HQ. In this regard, it is clarified that the circle may designate any post office preferably General Post Office (GPO) or Head Post Office(HPO) in the district HQ for opening of account. In case, GPO or HPO is not available at the district HQ, circle may identify any sub post office for the purpose of opening of Basic Savings accounts.
(v). It is once again reiterated that the post offices other than Chennai GPO shall only open Basic Savings Account which will be single account in the name of beneficiary and if the beneficiary is minor with DM as the guardian. Chennai GPO is the nodal office for opening the PM CARES for Children Scheme accounts for all beneficiaries. The detailed process is already provided in the SB Order No. 33/2021 dated 28.10.2021.
2. PAF wing has issued provisional Accounting Procedure for ‘PM Cares for Children Scheme-2021’ the same is attached for reference and necessary action.
3. This may be circulated to all the Offices for information and necessary actions.
4. This is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Enclosed: – As above Yours sincerely
Assistant Director (SB-II)
1. Director, RAKNPA / Directors of all PTCs / Director, CEPT, Chennai.
2. The Under Secretary, MOF (DEA), NS-II Section, North Block, New Delhi.
3. The Under Secretary, Ministry of Child and Women Development (Child Welfare-II Section), Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi for kind information and it is requested to instruct the DMs to provide valid mobile number in the Account Opening form which is mandatory for opening of account in the Post Office.
4. The Joint Director & HOD, National Savings Institute, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002
5. GM, CEPT, Mysuru – for uploading the order on the India Post website.
6. ADG (OL), Postal Directorate, New Delhi for information and translation in Hindi language.
7. Guard File